Two-Way or Three-Way??

IdX

I remember seeing this somewhere, but I can't remember where. Which do you recommend? Also, what other brands other than MB Quarts make really nice component speakers? I've decided that I'm definitely getting a Infinity Perfect 12.1 and the JBL 600.1 amp, along with an Alpine 7894 HU. I will be building a custom box, so that's not a problem. Now all I need to find is some component speakers and possibly an amp for them as well. Do I really need an amp for them? Also, not to sound stupid, but what does crossovers mean? What do the ohms settings mean also? Thanks.

well, it all depends onhow much you are willing ot spend on comps and an amp for em...

Infinity, Focal, Alpine's new Type R comps are incredible.. and there are to many others to name....

if you acn afford it, you want an amp....

last i checked, those new Alpine heads actually put out 60x4 RMS, if thats true, you could (assuming youa re not running any rear fill, bridge the four into two and ghet 120? someone correct me if im wrong!

if not tho,get an amp, much cleaner and more powerful sound...

a crossover is included in the components, they are what split the single wire coming from the amp (or head) into 2 wires, one for the tweeter and one for teh woofer...

ohms are the impedance (load)... higher ohms mean more load, less pwoer...

generally, at 4 ohms an amp produces half of what it does at 2 ohms, not always true, but often is...

GL!

wonderbread.. i may be wrong, but i think the alpine heads you are talking about are 60 watts max, not RMS. Are you talking about the Mosfet60 ones. If so, they are 60x4 max and something like 25 x 4 rms.

crzybob is correct. 60x4 is not the RMS power. The actual power, I believe, is around 22RMS. It's not recommended that you bridge your HU, though. At least, that is what I had read.

i know what youa re tealking about, but the new alpines, i awas reading witht eh v-drive hybrid or wahtever, actually puts out the RMS of 60 watts.... not sure if thats one of em tho...

are you talking about a head unit??? If so, please tell me where you heard about it, cause i have never heard of any head unit that puts out that much power RMS. I don't think i have ever seen one that puts any more than 30 RMS, if even that. DDo you have any links about this, or are you just crazy and making stuff up?

hehehehehehehe, crazy yes, making this up, i donmt think so...

im pretty surte i read something that one of the new alpines put out 50 RMS (i may be wrong, but it hitnk thats what i read.) it may have been a typo on their part, but i saw it.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.