Two Visonik 12'' prefab bandpass to Two 10'' Type R

ArrizX
10+ year member

Scout 800 owner.
Well, this is how it is. I have really been wanting two 12'' Type R's, but however, thats not the case anymore.

Now, my only experience with subs, was my friends Prefab Dual 12'' Visonik Set. It sounded pretty good. It wasnt so loud it was just noise. And im afraid that if I went dual 12'' Type R in my trunk, it would just be too loud. Now If I were to get two 10'' Type R's, I think that would be perfect for the newbie like me, just gettin into this. Also, it would offer good bass, and provided the right box, it would be louder, sould cleaner, and get lower then the Visoniks would. Right?

Hence, my question, would two 10'' Type R's sould as good as I predict compared too the Visonik's. But remember they are in my trunk, so that muffles it, right?

go with the type r 10's they will sound better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sweet deal. Kinda sad that I have only experiencing one Prefab Visonik setup. Well also there were these two Pionneers..

Anyways, thanks. Now just gotta choose between two 10's or one 12''. Just because I dont want everything in my car to shake with two 12''s.

But, thanks for the replies guys!

I STILL say get the 12's ! Your going to regret it when after 2 or 3 months when you've gotten used to your system and you end up getting bigger subs . Get the 2 Type R 12's and a 1000 to 1500 watt RMS amp and be done with it ! You can always turn the volume down ,and if you go with a sealed box it will not be too boomy and have a smoother response , not to mention being cheaper than a ported box .

Just trying to help ya spend your money wisely , DO NOT buy that Visonik setup .

I STILL say get the 12's ! Your going to regret it when after 2 or 3 months when you've gotten used to your system and you end up getting bigger subs . Get the 2 Type R 12's and a 1000 to 1500 watt RMS amp and be done with it ! You can always turn the volume down ,and if you go with a sealed box it will not be too boomy and have a smoother response , not to mention being cheaper than a ported box .
Just trying to help ya spend your money wisely , DO NOT buy that Visonik setup .
Lol, didnt plan on gettin the set up, just wondering what other things compare too it.

Although, thats true, I totally forgot about a sealed box. But Like I just said in another thread, I want music, not noise, LOL

And the amp will cost me like an arm and a leg. Maybe ill get like one 12'' at a time? No, id get both subs at once and be done with it.

Thanks for your help dude //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.