Two Channel Amp, Single Subwoofer, Gain Tolerance

Participant count
  • Participant list

SoulSoak

Hey guys,

I tried reviving an old thread but it's closed.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/599249-am-i-damaging-my-type-r.html

Didn't want to start a new one to poop in the General Discussion board but it is what it is.

I just have a simple question. I'm running a RF 700s two channel (700watts rms bridged), to power an alpine type r swr 12D2.

After doing the math, I need about 26.5 volts per channel. My issue is, when setting this voltage, I get unstable readings that vary by 3 or so volts. I get readings of 23 upwards to 29, but averaging 26.5sh.

My question is, if one of the channels isn't set to the EELXACT same volt level as the other, will it damage the sub? Or is there a happy tolerance of a couple volts etc? Please advise me, thank you for your time.

You want to use the bridged output and match that. 700x4=2800 square root of that is 52-53. Are you getting that from the bridged output?
I was under the impression that I needed 26.5 volts from each channel... Resulting in 52-53 volts when bridged. My question was... I can't get a steady reading from each channel. The reading fluctuates by a few volts. So is there a tolerance for the channels? I mean do they have to be exactly the same? If one were at 27volts and the other at 25 volts... Will it damage the subwoofer or amp etc?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.