Two blown JL 10w6v2 subs out of warrenty - what should I do with them?

Daft
10+ year member

Well as the topic says, I have two blown JL Audio 10" subwoofers model 10w6v2 that are out of warrenty. They where connected to a JL 1000/1 amp and put thru "excessive volumes" and now both have a severe rattle/pop to them. Probably a burnt voice coil. Should I send them in to get fixed or would that be not worth the money? Is there any way that I can get them fixed under warrenty? Are there people that buy blown subs? I don't know; I'm just looking for options instead of letting them collect dust in my garage. Let me know what you think.

i dont really know, but i see that you have a M3, with HRE wheels (a white m3 with bronze hre wheels and a polished lip is my dream car so you're **** close) along with brembo drilled brakes and other goodies.... to sum it up, im in love

hmmmm thanks for the advice I guess I will try to sell them. How much you think I could get for them? The subs look totally fine and you'd never know they're blown unless you hooked them up. I still have the original boxes/packaging. Thanks for the M3 comment, supercharger mod coming soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

is that what i think it is on ur cherokee box?is that 8 gauge for ur main power and ground and then 4 gauge from the cap to the amp? should have just rain 4 gauge and called it good

ill pay shipping if ur lookin to unload em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

VERY nice ride man, sorry to hear about your subs. IMO I would call JL up just to get an idea of what its gonna cost you for the repair. So, whether you sell them or not, you will already have that information for yourself/next owner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.