Two 18s Inverted box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

los33

Car Audio G
Houston, TX
Need opinions on an average box size needed for two 18" hdc4's inverted.

Weight has become an issue due to lowering and mods soon to be done on my truck.

I "can" do a wall, but this would require custom made suspension coils for a lowered sierra to hold more weight without sagging in the front.

So any ideas would be great. If possible i might have it made and shipped if not to large or i will build it.

As far as tuning it will be tuned to 35hz and i do not care if it is aero, octo, slot port.
@Boomsday & @CSCStang & @Che&\#1071;RyMan

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

If your wall is a infinite baffle that's the lightest option available for you. Birch will be the best choice for weight. Since your truck is lowered the suspension is likely more ridged so it will be harder on a sub mounted vertically. A tradition enclosure with subs up would be the best economical choice.

If your wall is a infinite baffle that's the lightest option available for you. Birch will be the best choice for weight. Since your truck is lowered the suspension is likely more ridged so it will be harder on a sub mounted vertically. A tradition enclosure with subs up would be the best economical choice.
The coils on an aftermarket kit are made 100 pounds stronger then stock.

I was actually considering inverted subs so i can make the box smaller, but forgot about mechanical noises.

So i would have to mount normal.

But really im just looking into an ideal enclosure size.

At the moment ive gathered 1 cubes to be the best with my power and speaker choice.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.