Two 12" BTL's or one 15" LMS-5400?

i am laughing out loudly at this situation. not to badmouth tc, but that ***** what dan has received. he showed me what he was supposed to be getting a few weeks ago, and its not what is sitting on his desk with fuxored coils. wtf?

Well with a little talk with kyle on the phone, we seemed to come to an agreement that this sub was incorrectly shipped to me. I think perhaps some miscommunication was within the ranks of TC and not Kyle's specific fault, sometimes these things happen in large companies. Kyle has offered to replace the faulty sub with new parts for my other 4hp driver, and work on getting a proper NEO built for my use since he'll have to order the correct coils from Precision Econowind for it, which is just fine with me but it wont be done by time I go to finals. So sorry to everyone who was expecting a review of the TC Sounds NEO driver, maybe I can get to it when the sub comes back with the correct voice coil configuration.

Thanks Kyle for rectifing the problem so quickly.

Nick,"mechanical limits" = complete distortion.

First of all, they don't need 140dB in their car do they? And secondly they want to run the driver within very linear limits to prevent distortion... and lms drivers extend linear limits and allow for... more excursion without…. more distortion....what a concept! The liner motors are spec’ed to run at xmax with only a 2% Bl curve deviation. Most drivers are around 30%. There is nothing magical about that, nothing special and nothing mysteriously. Less Bl shifting = less distortion. If you bother to invest in a Klippel analyzer you too can see this for yourself.

Oh and one more thing, since when was our website http://www.tccaraudio_only.com?

Try hitting 120dB in a living room at 20Hz. This is a very relevant frequency for hometheater and very difficult to achieve because of the excursion required. We offer the +CP for car audio because many of our design are geared for higher excursion, but you're right, it’s not necessary with 35hz tuning frequency in big ported boxes is it? I’m sure your BLT uses a very short coil to lose mass and gain sensitivity so it’s loud, and that is actually a great design imo for car audio. And I would never recommend the 5400 for such an high fq vented box application. The TC-2k/3k/5200 +CP or Fi.Btl or Fi.Q would all be far more cost effective drivers for such an application, agreed?

If you honestly want to see an LMS-5400, then come to CES this year. We'll have dual 15"’ers in a hometheater sound room right on the main floor. And we’ll have an 18” on display in free air running a low frequency sinwave all day long so you can see the excursion. I know you are near Vegas so I expect to see you there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Car Audio Forum, **** what a concept.

Who said all the Fi drivers are good for is car audio as well? ****...another concept!

In a true IASCA SQ car....the drivers are doing good to move 3mm...IF that...uh oh a 3rd concept!

So standing in the consumers shoes why in the heck would i pay 1100 dollars for your superwoofer, when i could get something far cheaper...move that same 3mm...and have the same if not less THD then the 1100 dollar woofer of yours that i'm never going to move more then that 3mm? Using an underhung design? (Uh oh...4 concepts in one post)

If you really want this to get dirty i can take the gloves off i dont want to embarrass you on here. But if you really want me to, i will.

Fighting about speakers....yall are pathetic. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh:

PS

It is a BTL...not what you ate last night for dinner.

And no it doesnt have a short coil by anymeans.

Hitting 120dB free air in a living room? At 20Hz? With 1 driver? You seem to be forgetting some technology that was developed a few years ago... which ill give 3 letters for you kind sir.

XMX.

Thanks for the really, really good laugh...I needed it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

PSIt is a BTL...not what you ate last night for dinner.

And no it doesnt have a short coil by anymeans.

Hitting 120dB free air in a living room? At 20Hz? With 1 driver? You seem to be forgetting some technology that was developed a few years ago... which ill give 3 letters for you kind sir.

XMX.
funny you say that,i noticed on his forum,he kept calling it blt at first i thought he was confused,but then i realized he was makin fun of it..

Car Audio Forum, **** what a concept.
Who said all the Fi drivers are good for is car audio as well? ****...another concept!

In a true IASCA SQ car....the drivers are doing good to move 3mm...IF that...uh oh a 3rd concept!

So standing in the consumers shoes why in the heck would i pay 1100 dollars for your superwoofer, when i could get something far cheaper...move that same 3mm...and have the same if not less THD then the 1100 dollar woofer of yours that i'm never going to move more then that 3mm? Using an underhung design? (Uh oh...4 concepts in one post)

If you really want this to get dirty i can take the gloves off i dont want to embarrass you on here. But if you really want me to, i will.

Fighting about speakers....yall are pathetic. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh:

congratulations, you just proved the LMS-5400 was unworthy for at least one type of customer... the ones who are going to IASCA SQ and only want a driver that moves no more than 3mm p2p

Hmm...... you would have thought after the 10kw the bacon would have been a little crisper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Tis very becoming of a representative of a company to call a competitors products names . Suave business ethics right dere //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Dude, TC is all about professionalism.

That's why Kyle will not shut up.

But I'm sure Thilo will send him back to the corner any minute now.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Neil

congratulations, you just proved the LMS-5400 was unworthy for at least one type of customer... the ones who are going to IASCA SQ and only want a driver that moves no more than 3mm p2p
way2go dude!

4541.jpg
I dont like 'maters...

However, i do like alot of BL.

hah hah..funny...you did get it right?

...and your the one who strives for professionalism...

"Melted coil?" "pistonic" "head examined"
Coming from a consumer who has not even tested or heard the driver, I would find that naive.

But coming from a competitor, I find this unusually unprofessional.
I cant be a competitor....i'm not on anybody's payroll, so that just makes me a thorn in your side now doesnt it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

Edit: Go back and sit in your corner away from the keyboard before thilo smacks you back there again.

Does what its told....or else!

burned.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.