Two 12" BTL's or one 15" LMS-5400?

I don’t think Sony would have just bought 30 of them for their newest and most sophisticated recording studio if were not an SQ driver.
lol

no comment...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

lol
no comment...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Playstation 3

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah becuase LMS has nothing to do with sq

When I think of SQ, I think of a sub with a nice linear response curve and seamless integration with the front stage. I haven't heard the TC driver yet. So I will retract what I said concerning the driver.

read your post...i was making fun of you

Oh, great, thanks. I am trying to find where I posted something like that about you to justify your response. Can you show me where I was a being sarcastic while making fun of you?

Do you realize it takes 4 times the excursion to make a 16Hz tone relative to a 32Hz tone. There is nothing exaggerated about low end output, if anything LMS attempts to make it more accurate to match the higher end frequency low-distortion tolerance. It does not increase output downlow, but rather lowers distortion. The xmax is the same, but the BL is linear.
There is not a traditional high excursion subwoofer that can match it for distortion. You have to use XBL^2/ or some other compensation to compete with LMS. This is measurable and entirely obvious. Linear BL product truly makes a measurable and audible difference in distortion. If you want a quality midrange driver, then go for low xmax and low inductance, but the bottom line is, over the years, subwoofers and progressed and become more and more demanding. This is why underhung drivers sound better than overhung drivers, and the next step is split gap or linear coil or dual coil or otherwise...

20 years ago we all though 2" p2p was plenty of excursion, but since then designs have become more and more robust. We have seen the limits of high excursion where distortion actually becomes a problematic issue, therefore new technologies and developments have taken form. LMS is one of those technologies and it allows to true high excursion without high distortion.

So if you want a "SQ" driver as you would say, but one that is able to do 20Hz with high output, you'll need to compensate or redesign your traditional approach in some way unless you want to tolerate more distortion.

Punk0Rama, have you honestly heard our LMS drivers? I don’t think Sony would have just bought 30 of them for their newest and most sophisticated recording studio if were not an SQ driver.

Ask yourself this - How many IASCA "SQ" cars are running the really really high excursion drivers and bring them to their mechanical limits during the sq auditions?

None right?

Exactly my point.

Kyle - You need to learn to follow, before you can lead.

Nick is right!

Even if this sub is all that and 3 bags of chips, it will open up a few more frequencies that can be played at a certain level without distortion.

However to get a lesser sub to play the same frequencies with equal distortion all you have to do is turn the volume down a click or two!

Now I dont know about yall, but the last time I was at an SQ competition they didnt do any SQ tests at anything over about 100dB. Only the spl section (in which SQ doesnt matter) of the iasca judging lanes will spl need to exceed 130dB. And honestly getting over 130 legal, even on the TL, is cake!

Besides, how you install it makes 95% of what you hear. Product is less than 5% what you hear...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.