Two 12" BTL's or one 15" LMS-5400?

Nick is right!
Even if this sub is all that and 3 bags of chips' date=' it will open up a few more frequencies that can be played at a certain level without distortion.

However to get a lesser sub to play the same frequencies with equal distortion all you have to do is turn the volume down a click or two!

Now I dont know about yall, but the last time I was at an SQ competition they didnt do any SQ tests at anything over about 100dB. Only the spl section (in which SQ doesnt matter) of the iasca judging lanes will spl need to exceed 130dB. And honestly getting over 130 legal, even on the TL, is cake!

Besides, how you install it makes 95% of what you hear. Product is less than 5% what you hear...[/quote']

No one at TC sounds has even seen a termlab much less ever competed in a compeition. So anyone from TC sounds actually commenting on SPL, SQ or otherwise in the context of competition is like the bland leading the bland.

Hey kyle, I thought Thilo banned you from speaking out on public forums //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Ask yourself this - How many IASCA "SQ" cars are running the really really high excursion drivers and bring them to their mechanical limits during the sq auditions?
None right?

Exactly my point.

Kyle - You need to learn to follow, before you can lead.
Thank you.

Show me a quality stage that will keep up with the LMS5400; that is the point I was making. Sure, you could use a smaller amplifier, but then what's the point of getting the LMS5400 anyway?

Puhlease.

Neil

Ask yourself this - How many IASCA "SQ" cars are running the really really high excursion drivers and bring them to their mechanical limits during the sq auditions?
None right?

Exactly my point.

No one at TC sounds has even seen a termlab much less ever competed in a compeition. So anyone from TC sounds actually commenting on SPL, SQ or otherwise in the context of competition is like the bland leading the bland.
Hey kyle, I thought Thilo banned you from speaking out on public forums //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Now THIS really made me chuckle.

People need to learn, it's NOT what's on paper that matters... it's how it performs in REAL LIFE... and how it SOUNDS.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

nG

None right?

Exactly my point.

I don't think the argument was about the LMS5400 being a pure SQ driver. The argument was about the LMS5400 having an exaggerated low end, which he already addressed.

I don't see Remotia advocating the use of this sub for IASCA SQ competitions (as its overkill and hard to integrate), I see him recommending it for SQL applications.

So if you want a "SQ" driver as you would say, but one that is able to do 20Hz with high output, you'll need to compensate or redesign your traditional approach in some way unless you want to tolerate more distortion.
I don't really see what your beef is, JL calls the W7 a "SQ" woofer with balls, does that mean they are meant for IASCA competitions? No.

Does that mean the W7 will have an exaggerated low end? Not necessarily, it has the potential to pump out the lows with authority, but that doesn't mean you can't tune it for your liking..

that explains his lack of TC sounds avatar

LMS-5400 is meant to get loud, take huge amount of powerhandling and sound good/linear/goes deep while doing it ... it is as simple as it is .

None right?

Exactly my point.

Nick,

"mechanical limits" = complete distortion.

First of all, they don't need 140dB in their car do they? And secondly they want to run the driver within very linear limits to prevent distortion... and lms drivers extend linear limits and allow for... more excursion without…. more distortion....what a concept! The liner motors are spec’ed to run at xmax with only a 2% Bl curve deviation. Most drivers are around 30%. There is nothing magical about that, nothing special and nothing mysteriously. Less Bl shifting = less distortion. If you bother to invest in a Klippel analyzer you too can see this for yourself.

Oh and one more thing, since when was our website http://www.tccaraudio_only.com?

Try hitting 120dB in a living room at 20Hz. This is a very relevant frequency for hometheater and very difficult to achieve because of the excursion required. We offer the +CP for car audio because many of our design are geared for higher excursion, but you're right, it’s not necessary with 35hz tuning frequency in big ported boxes is it? I’m sure your BLT uses a very short coil to lose mass and gain sensitivity so it’s loud, and that is actually a great design imo for car audio. And I would never recommend the 5400 for such an high fq vented box application. The TC-2k/3k/5200 +CP or Fi.Btl or Fi.Q would all be far more cost effective drivers for such an application, agreed?

If you honestly want to see an LMS-5400, then come to CES this year. We'll have dual 15"’ers in a hometheater sound room right on the main floor. And we’ll have an 18” on display in free air running a low frequency sinwave all day long so you can see the excursion. I know you are near Vegas so I expect to see you there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Dan, grow up, if you want 4HP Neo driver it’s done as promised. Lets stop with the cheap shots and the roomers.

snoopdan_neo.jpg

You need to PM me, otherwise I’ll be happy to give it to someone else.

If you honestly want to see an LMS-5400, then come to CES this year. We'll have dual 15"’ers in a hometheater sound room right on the main floor. And we’ll have an 18” on display in free air running a low frequency sinwave all day long so you can see the excursion. I know you are near Vegas so I expect to see you there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

when is this?

I expect someone take some video and pics on them lms:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.