Tweets turning off at high volume??

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeeper2269
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am running Rainbow Germanium comps with a kicker zx450.2 amp. When I have the volume close to max (that my sub can handle, and head no distortion,) sometimes one tweet stops working. It's weird because it was doing it on the right side only before. Today the left side started doing it.

Amp issue?

Component crossover issue?

That is exactly what I was thinking, that the tweeter protection is kicking in. I've had both the Germaniums and Profi Phase Plugs from Rainbow, and both of these sets have tweeter protection built into the crossovers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.