Tweeters

Jakerrr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
One of my Hertz HT 25's blew and I'm just going to upgrade the tweeters to a new set. Need something that can take a whole lot of power and get loud. Preferably soft dome. Hertz HT 28's would be nice. Anything that can easily handle 100 watts. Must be under 80mm overall diameter. And preferably 4 or 6 ohm

I suggested the CDT tweeters because they're exactly what you asked for. ES-010 is 2/3 the price and they have a replaceable voice coil assembly for when you blow them.
Will they handle 100+ watts daily?

Will they handle 100+ watts daily?
The official power handling comments from CDT on ES-010 are "50W; 100W Max, 400W Short Term Max". You will need to use a steep crossover slope, 24 dB/octave is good, and cross them at no less than 2.5-3 kHz. Do not use any EQ boosts, only cuts.

Those tweets have a frequency range of 1.5k-25k so they should work great.
Those 2" tweeters seem pretty awesome I'm considering them. But the inline crossover they come with seems to have special inputs that attach to the tweeters. Will I be able to just hook the tweeters to standard speaker wire to my current passive crossovers? And my crossover is actually passed at 3.2khz. Thought it was 2.5khz. Do you know what the passives that come with those tweeters are at?

Get some Pyle pro driver tweeters they are really loud and clear
I really want some pyramid 3 inch 500rms super tweeters but I have no idea where I'd mount them. And don't pro/super tweeters need to be high passed really high? Like 4-5k? I'm only running a 2way system and do not want my mids crossing anywhere over 3.2khz

Those 2" tweeters seem pretty awesome I'm considering them. But the inline crossover they come with seems to have special inputs that attach to the tweeters. Will I be able to just hook the tweeters to standard speaker wire to my current passive crossovers? And my crossover is actually passed at 3.2khz. Thought it was 2.5khz. Do you know what the passives that come with those tweeters are at?
Yes, you will be able to hook up the tweeters to standard speaker wire for the use of a passive crossover. I assume they crossover at 1.5k htz because that is what the frequency range is on the tweeters. I can verify though.

I really want some pyramid 3 inch 500rms super tweeters but I have no idea where I'd mount them. And don't pro/super tweeters need to be high passed really high? Like 4-5k? I'm only running a 2way system and do not want my mids crossing anywhere over 3.2khz
going from hertz tweeters to supertweeters, you'll vomit and throw a fit within 3 seconds.

Why not try two tweets on each side, For sure it'll handle the power, you'll just need to switch the positioning to like the door panels or A pillars to keep the moderately close together and in phase.

I have a brand new set of Hertz HT25 tweeters that I bought as a spare for my HSK165.

Im looking to get $80 plus whatever shipping and paypal fees are.

Fastest way to contact me is through text (714)417-2910

going from hertz tweeters to supertweeters, you'll vomit and throw a fit within 3 seconds.
Why not try two tweets on each side, For sure it'll handle the power, you'll just need to switch the positioning to like the door panels or A pillars to keep the moderately close together and in phase.
I might consider 2 tweeters per side. I'd have to figure out how to mount them though. I'm trying to use my factory tweeter location (A pillars), and I definitely can't fit 2 tweeters or anything with more than like 70mm overall diameter and not a lot of depth either. Might consider some modification but that's not my thing and I don't have the tools. Looking at some sb acoustics tweeters and some other small-ish ones on madisound. I found a site that compares almost all the tweeters sold on madisound, still reading through it:

Zaph|Audio

He talks of enclosures and infinite baffle as if all the pro audio / madisound / parts express tweeters need an enclosure. Do I have to put them in an enclosure? Because I thought I could just mount them as normal in the factory location in the A pillars.

I have a brand new set of Hertz HT25 tweeters that I bought as a spare for my HSK165. Im looking to get $80 plus whatever shipping and paypal fees are.

How convenient!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif

If you're for real, sorry but you have 2 posts man

Last edited by a moderator:
I might consider 2 tweeters per side. I'd have to figure out how to mount them though. I'm trying to use my factory tweeter location (A pillars), and I definitely can't fit 2 tweeters or anything with more than like 70mm overall diameter and not a lot of depth either. Might consider some modification but that's not my thing and I don't have the tools. Looking at some sb acoustics tweeters and some other small-ish ones on madisound. I found a site that compares almost all the tweeters sold on madisound, still reading through it:Zaph|Audio

He talks of enclosures and infinite baffle as if all the pro audio / madisound / parts express tweeters need an enclosure. Do I have to put them in an enclosure? Because I thought I could just mount them as normal in the factory location in the A pillars.
You can do some pvc endcaps with with hollow bolts to attach to your a pillars. It'll be on axis which can sound pretty nice too.

I have a brand new set of Hertz HT25 tweeters that I bought as a spare for my HSK165. Im looking to get $80 plus whatever shipping and paypal fees are.

Where in OC are you? I'd like to check those out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.