Tweeters

Jakerrr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
One of my Hertz HT 25's blew and I'm just going to upgrade the tweeters to a new set. Need something that can take a whole lot of power and get loud. Preferably soft dome. Hertz HT 28's would be nice. Anything that can easily handle 100 watts. Must be under 80mm overall diameter. And preferably 4 or 6 ohm

Not significantly but to me I prefer aluminum over soft because I think it has a more accurate sound where soft domes have a smoother sound. It really comes down to personal preference.
I'm using my amp bridged and it is not stable below 4 ohms bridged. Those speakers are 4 ohm IMPEDANCE, but the voice coil resistance (Re) is 2.7 ohms. The Re is the number that matters right? As in that's what the amp sees nominally? Or is it the impedance?

I'm using my amp bridged and it is not stable below 4 ohms bridged. Those speakers are 4 ohm IMPEDANCE, but the voice coil resistance (Re) is 2.7 ohms. The Re is the number that matters right? As in that's what the amp sees nominally? Or is it the impedance?
Look at the nominal impedance since its the average the resistance generally seen when it is playing within it intended range. They make it easier to determine the resistance the amp will see with an average since the resistance changes with each frequency played and can vary widely.

The Re is the DC resistance of a voice coil while resting and the Nominal is the average the amp sees while playing.

I suggested the CDT tweeters because they're exactly what you asked for. ES-010 is 2/3 the price and they have a replaceable voice coil assembly for when you blow them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.