Tweeters are irritating

red1ty1

hello, i hope someone can help me. I have the Polk SR6500 series speakers and im havomg some problems with them.

the first is that the tweeters seem to have an irritating "S" sound to them when their are any vocals and it is bothering me so much.

also I keep hearing distortion come out of the passenger side tweeter but it is very faint. It is more of a crackle from tje tweets. i have the speaker cable passed on the same side as my power cable for now and im hoping that will solve my distortion issue.

i would like to add that my old infinity tweeters distorted/crackled also.

any help?? thanks to anyone who can help

my setup is.

Clarion cz702

Polk Audio sr6500 speakers

RF p450.4 4 channel

RF p600.1bd monoblock

skar audio vvx12v2

i have already tried other amps for my speakers and its the same.

when turning up the volume on my headunit i hear ticks or clicks every step i go up or down. i think i should get my headunit warrantied maybe...

the tweeters are not aluminum im not actually sure what they are.

my gains are actually too low. anyways this weekend im going to put my speaker wire on opposite side of the power and see if that fixes it. along with some eq tuning and phase configurations. ill see if that works

the tweeters are not aluminum im not actually sure what they are.
my gains are actually too low. anyways this weekend im going to put my speaker wire on opposite side of the power and see if that fixes it. along with some eq tuning and phase configurations. ill see if that works
U r right they are fabric do u have them aiming towards ur windshield? Also u can try to cut the 12kHz freq too. Also what is ur source... phone cd usb...

I habe the samething with some crackle on the passenger side mine started when I started to use time align

you mentioned your wiring. try a simple test to rule out wiring causing the issue. If you can remove the tweeter. wire it directly to the amp with a short piece of speaker wire. See if the crackling noise is still there . If it's gone your wiring is the culprit. you probably have a short somewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.