Tweeter problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

RUN OUT NOW

CarAudio.com Newbie
ga
I have a 1k watt ds18 amp running 4 ds18 250w rms door speakers I have a 2017 trax.
But my problem is my tweeters are tied into my 2 front door speakers so I can not turn them up at all or I will blow the tweeters any idea how to fix? Or add some kind of blocking device?

tweeters need a crossover to block the low bass from getting to them. These are separate tweeters up on your dash?
Tweeters have a built in crossover that’s not the problem thought.. the problem is only my door speakers are getting my amps power and for some reason my tweeters are getting my front door speakers amps power even know my tweeters shouldn’t be getting any extra power but head unit power.

tweeters need a crossover to block the low bass from getting to them. These are separate tweeters up on your dash?
They have a crossover they are separate mounted on my pillars the problem isn’t the crossover the problem is they’re getting unwanted power from my AMP they must be tied into my front door speakers. My tweeters get louder as I turn my gain up along with my front door speaker so I need a solution on how to stop my tweeters from getting my amps power

They have a crossover they are separate mounted on my pillars the problem isn’t the crossover the problem is they’re getting unwanted power from my AMP they must be tied into my front door speakers. My tweeters get louder as I turn my gain up along with my front door speaker so I need a solution on how to stop my tweeters from getting my amps power
You used the factory wiring? If so, the factory has them wired in parallel with the door speaker. You’d need to run your own speaker wire to the tweeters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...