tweeter power question?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
I just wanted to confirm
on a set of component speakers 6 1/2 with a 1 inch tweeter
if I run active on a DSP or a 3 way active head unit
my question is this. If I are using a 4 x 100 channel amp, how many watts of power will the tweeter even be using?
would I get the same output if I was only using a 25 watt per channel amp on the tweeters?

I just wanted to confirm
on a set of component speakers 6 1/2 with a 1 inch tweeter
if I run active on a DSP or a 3 way active head unit
my question is this. If I are using a 4 x 100 channel amp, how many watts of power will the tweeter even be using?
would I get the same output if I was only using a 25 watt per channel amp on the tweeters?
100 watts of power seems a bit excessive for a 1 inch tweeter. I would think that 25 watts is more realistic. Exercise caution. Also if you decide to run this system fully active make sure you use the correct crossover points when setting the High Pass, Low Pass Filters or could do damage to the voice coils of the drivers. Im by far an expert, but that much I am certain of.

100 watts of power seems a bit excessive for a 1 inch tweeter. I would think that 25 watts is more realistic. Exercise caution. Also if you decide to run this system fully active make sure you use the correct crossover points when setting the High Pass, Low Pass Filters or could do damage to the voice coils of the drivers. Im by far an expert, but that much I am certain of.
Lets get sloride, 02ws6 or louisiana crx on the case. Theyll know better. 👍

yes I would assume the 4x100 is a little high for the tweeters on channel 1 and 2 but it is the amp I already have,
us acoustics Barbara ann

the tweeters are focal from the iss 165 component set

Would I be better using a lower power amp for the tweeters ,
Say use a two channel 35 watts per channel amp to put on the tweeter

I
yes I would assume the 4x100 is a little high for the tweeters on channel 1 and 2 but it is the amp I already have,
us acoustics Barbara ann

the tweeters are focal from the iss 165 component set

Would I be better using a lower power amp for the tweeters ,
Say use a two channel 35 watts per channel amp to put on the tweeter
I would say its probably better.
Sell the 4 channel, pick up a 2 channel 100 watt amp for the midbass, and a lower power 2 channel for the tweeters.
When youre ready, add another amplifier and subwoofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.