Tweeter help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bowhunter
10+ year member

Raleigh
So I just ordered 4 new tweeters with built in crossovers... I have 4 alpine type r 5.25's and 6x9's on a 4 channel... Now to the questions... Can I just mount and wire the tweeters to another 4 channel I have or should I wire them in with my other door speakers? I hope that's a somewhat clear explanation of what I'm asking.

Whats the specs on the tweets.

Honestly Id wire them to the separate amp that way you can control their volume levels independently of the other speakers i.e. separate gain settings in your case.

you can wire them in parallel with the other speakers, one per speaker. a 2 ohm high frequency load is trivial. that way fader and balance are maintained. a separate amp for separate level control is nice, but the same can be achieved with resistors.

but why? two in front of you (aimed at you) is really all you need. do you already have hearing damage (serious question)?

you can wire them in parallel with the other speakers, one per speaker. a 2 ohm high frequency load is trivial. that way fader and balance are maintained. a separate amp for separate level control is nice, but the same can be achieved with resistors.
but why? two in front of you (aimed at you) is really all you need. do you already have hearing damage (serious question)?
I was originally ordering 2, but I got a good deal if I ordered another set... I wasn't gonna use all 4 just yet but it all depended on if I need to wire them in with my other speakers or put them on the seperate amp. I either thought about mounting them in the dash where the windshield meets the dash or on the a-pillar at the top corner of the windshield...

I was originally ordering 2, but I got a good deal if I ordered another set... I wasn't gonna use all 4 just yet but it all depended on if I need to wire them in with my other speakers or put them on the seperate amp. I either thought about mounting them in the dash where the windshield meets the dash or on the a-pillar at the top corner of the windshield...
that makes sense. dash corners is a great location.

You know, I moved my tweets to the a pillars and i'm getting much better response than the dash location. Their 1". I'm leaving them their, more detail.
i agree with you on that, but dash corners are a good starting point that is easy to work with. i also moved mine from the dash to the apillars then to spheres.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.