Tweeter Fuzzing/ White Noise Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kickerf150

I just purchased a kicker speaker system. 2 6x8 front door speakers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers

I installed them yesterday and immediately noticed that when the volume is low you can hear a buzzing noise coming from the driver side tweeter. Also about ever second there is two pops. This is very annoying and it only happens to the driver side tweeter. Any help is appreciated.

Could be blown. Could also be wiring. Check the tweeters wiring and see if its shorting on any metal. If you have a Dmm. Find the resistance of the tweeter. It should be the same as the other tweeter

Can't see how the tweeter could be blown as the fuzzing started Happening right after then install. There is also a quiet wave of static that happens about ever other second, could the crossover be bad?

Checked the wiring, nothing wrong there. I plugged the old tweeter back into the crossover and heard the exact same buzz so It can't be the new tweeter. Has me thinking the problem is in the crossover, could it be bad?

Try swapping the left and right crossover. If your right side starts buzzing, then you know its the crossover.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Also when you reply. quote. So i/anyone else remembers to respond

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.