Dash speakers, replace or remove?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bossman150

Senior VIP Member
Iowa
My 2012 Maxima has 3 3.5inch speakers in the dash. My installer says they are in line with the front door speakers, so they share the front channel from my amp that is powering the door speakers. I currently have Kicker CS series 3 way 6x9's in the door and the dash speakers which are stock are very loud and harsh at high volume and they overwhelm my door speakers. I end up having to fade to the back speakers some in order to make it tolerable.

My question is what to do with them, should I just remove them and forget them? Replace them with good aftermarket 3.5's? Replace them with high quality tweeters? I think if I do replace them, it will just be the left and right ones, not the center one I will just remove that one. If I should replace them, anybody have suggestions? The amp that will be powering the front and rear stage is an AB VFL 150.4 which puts out about 80watts RMS @4ohm.

Thoughts?

You have a problem of a lack of control over the doors vs the dash. A better upgrade would be to change to a component system in the front, so the doors mainly play midbass and the dash plays midrange and treble.

I agree there, I did not do enough research before I replaced the door speakers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Maybe for now I have them disconnected and then down the road change to a component system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.