Turn-on pop

Participant count
  • Participant list

kuijo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
Let me begin on when the problem started. I was hooking up a second amp to my system and was daisy chaining from the sub amp to the speaker amp. I had the remote lead in the sub amp but accidently connected it to the right channel + instead of its remote lead terminal. I began to get a harsh pop from my subs ( the suspension would max out once then slowly fall)

I figured i had ****ed up my amp. So i took out all the subs and sub equipment. I hooked up my speaker amp going through the front RCA terminals on the headunit. All i got was a fuzz. I hooked up the speaker amp to the sub RCA outputs on the headunit would play normally but had that pop. I searched and found someone that said it was on RCA problem. I hooked up some new RCAS directly from the headunit to the amp still had popping in rear and sub chnanel and front channel was still ****ed. My stock speakers still play normal and don't have a pop. So i'm narrowing it down to i ****ed up something with the RCA terminals in the headunit.

Oh i also tried using the power attenna lead (solid blue) instead of the remote lead and there was still a popping on the radio when i would switch stations.

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Did you unplug any rcas while there was power to the headunit and amps? Also, you said you plugged the rem+ into the one of the channels. If you hook up something to the other channel does it still do it?

No didn't unplug any rcas while things were on. Ya it does it on both channels.

I'm going to hook the amp up to my girlfriends headunit and use the remote from my headunit and see if it does it. That will narrow it down to the RCA outs on the headunit.

Put the girlfriends headunit in and everything worked perfectly. So i took the headunit in to get fixed underwarranty ( thank god i bought the warranty ).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.