turbo whistle or supercharger whine?

i've always liked turbos myself, first car got me into that opinion but between an externally gated 70mm+ going over 30lbs with an engine thats got a long rpm range and a vented blow off, and a bb with a 1271 bigass with zoomies or a streetable centrifugal equipped engine with a release valve ****... those are all good sounding but i'm partial to turbos in almost any debate

Yes a diverter may be better than a BOV, But no a BOV is not just a sound. Thats quite possibly the most ignorant thing i've ever heard, and sounds like it came straight from the marketing team of whoever you bought your recirc setup from.
No, a BOV is not the end all be all to turbos, it has its trade offs like everything else. But, I NEVER had a problem with mine causing rich conditions, and i was at 14psi. Not sure how your mafs work, but my dodge had a map, (manifold air pressure), perhaps thats the reason. Research shows that a lot of cars do have rich problems(still no dodges that i found), but nobody on my dodge forums has ever mentioned a problem with them. I (read used to) know tons of people running 12sec cars that all ran BOVs, these are people that dyno their cars after even the simplest of changes, if a BOV didn't increase performance, it wouldn't have been on the car, but nobody removed them. Instead they found ways to make them better. I personally noticed a huge difference in the boost that I had after a shift, but thats seat of my pants and watching the boost gauge's needle, not hardcore numbers.

3am...too much thinking
Well since my car came with a recirc. setup I'm gonna say the people that designed my car know more about it than you do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

BOVs do not add any power, period. They act like a DV...i'm sure you know why they are there in the first place, I wont go into that. The only other thing a BOV might be good for, besides the noise, is you might have a lower pressure drop between shifts, but thats it.

Niether a DV or BOV will gain you any hp or tq numbers...they might help you from LOSING any power...a leaky valve is an example...but by them selves they make a noise, thats it.

i just noticed the argument

a real common thing to do with a mas car using a bov is the run whats called a blow thru setup which puts the nass air after the blowoff, so you're no longer releasing previously metered air

recirculating is a mild street car type of thing i think... notice how many well built cars dont even have any intake system before the compressor wheel and dont have anything coming off there choice of relief valve

i see recirculating valves going back to an intake pipe prior to the compressor, you really think thats keeps any kind of boost in the charge piping more than a vented bov... really doubt it, the air must once again get past that little spinny thing. not to mention a high boosted application recirculating to close to the mas can actually momentarily fight fresh air charge.

/end rant, sorry ive been bored cuz im home with some injuries and dont get to talk cars with anyone, u can ignore me if u want

i just noticed the argumenta real common thing to do with a mas car using a bov is the run whats called a blow thru setup which puts the nass air after the blowoff, so you're no longer releasing previously metered air

recirculating is a mild street car type of thing i think... notice how many well built cars dont even have any intake system before the compressor wheel and dont have anything coming off there choice of relief valve

i see recirculating valves going back to an intake pipe prior to the compressor, you really think thats keeps any kind of boost in the charge piping more than a vented bov... really doubt it, the air must once again get past that little spinny thing. not to mention a high boosted application recirculating to close to the mas can actually momentarily fight fresh air charge.

/end rant, sorry ive been bored cuz im home with some injuries and dont get to talk cars with anyone, u can ignore me if u want
Yeah but most of those cars don't even use mafs.

i just noticed the argumenta real common thing to do with a mas car using a bov is the run whats called a blow thru setup which puts the nass air after the blowoff, so you're no longer releasing previously metered air

I'm not saying either one is better than the other, I'm just saying niether will gain you anything performance wise.

I stuck with a DV because it's the way my car was designed, and I've seen the proof that running rich because of a BOV in my model car causes oil contamination.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

eisenhower

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
eisenhower
motown
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date