turbo noise (lol) and other question

chronicblazen
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
yet another stupid question...

ok, so theres this sound, sounds like a whistle, a more presice example would be the sound a turbo makes when its spooling. ya thats the sound im getting when my sound is on, i hear the revving of my car, mostly more during high rpm because the "whistling" gets a higher pitch. and i know it has to do something with the system because i cannot hear it at all when it's not on, well, i can barely, but wen u turn up the sound, u hear it more. except wen i turn that **** up allll the way, then with all the bass you cant hear no whistling...

ya so i have no idea what it is... im an idiot... hope someone helps me...

oh ya and another question

i messed up this tsunami gxa1000d a while back, turnin it up real loud for a bass kicking song... the conclusion i came to was that (im guessin) the wires were too thin (8ga) for 1000watts rms @1ohm. (o ya by the way, when the amp messed up it blew the fuse by the battery, and went into protected mode)

anyways, i got it replaced from where i got it. this time i have 4 gauge wiring. so the other day im ridin down the street with the volume madd high wit a bass kickin song and all the sudden, just like last time, the bass just stops...

i was liek oohh **** what the **** this pieace of **** ima burn this mother****in cocksuckin garbage. then i turned off the car, was bouta go check the fuse. changed my mind to check it later, get back in the car, and it works again.

this has happened about six times again, about once everyday... bass stops, i turn the car off, turn it back on (well the music turns off too) then it works again. is this bad for my amplifier? what could be wrong? could it be the remote wire? ( im runnin off of it another amplifier, and my power antenna) lol i know i know i shouldnt.

thanks for allll feedback

mine was going into protect too and i found out when my bass hit hard that my positive and negative wires touched together and put the amp in protect mode, just make sure the wires arent touching, im not sure what else it could be, besides the ground or remote wire coming off PEACE

ya that couldve been it, checked though, and its not..

im thinking it has something to do with the remote wire... maybe i have too much of a load on it...

anyone got ne advice on the noise?

first, that wail that resembles the spooling of a turbine charger, that's alt whine. Check your power wires, ground (all goes to one point) and RCA's far away from power. (Power wire size = ground wire size)

Second, about your amp, it COULD be the way you wired the subs, too low an impendence.

gotcha, yea all my grounds and battery wires are ok. the problem are the rca wires, goin down the same side of the car...

i didnt have this noise before thought, when i had 8 gauge wire... does wire size make a difference for this noise to suddenly start goin?

also, answering the sub reply... i dont know how the wiring could be wrong.. its two double voice coil 4 ohm subs... wired them just as the diagram shows for them to go down to 1 ohm... an impedance said to be able to handle by the amplifier...

oh, and when you say that "Check your power wires, ground (all goes to one point)" do you mean you have to have both grounds goin to the same spot?

ok, **** na **** that amp, gives me nuttn but problems...

but ya can it be the RCA's? even tho they didn do that with the 8 gauge?

and i will change both grounds to common point tomorrow, see how that works...

might have an idea what your talking about... is that what they usually do when someone changes their alternator to a higher amp one? either that, or not following you... lol im in idiot

What paikiah is suggesting is after you merge both the ground wires from your amp to the same place (you should also make doubly sure that you have a good ground spot, all paint should be sanded away, and you should be bolting it to the frame of the car) that you should upgrade your wiring under the hood.

The car's factory wiring is installed to keep your car running...it is not installed for high power sound systems. You should upgrade the major 3 wires:

Battery's negative (-) terminal to ground

Battery's positive terminal (+) to alternator

Engine block to ground (this is usually a wire or copper braid that bolts to your firewall)

Where are your gains set on your amp? I'm not entirely sure, but you maybe pushing your amp too far. Gains should only be set about halfway, not too much more. The gain control should only be used to match the volume of your subs to the volume of your head unit.

The car's factory wiring is installed to keep your car running...it is not installed for high power sound systems. You should upgrade the major 3 wires:

Battery's negative (-) terminal to ground

Battery's positive terminal (+) to alternator

Engine block to ground (this is usually a wire or copper braid that bolts to your firewall)

Just a few possibilities:

47DSCN39181-med.JPG

i heard there are these noise regulators you can get that go to the red wire behind the head unit to stop these kinda noises? do these things work?

im still having the same problem... and i dunno if i mentioned, but its the small amplifier, the one that powers the inside speakers, the one that makes the whine, because when that one is off, and its straight bass, theres no whine...

this noise is gettn madd annoying, if anyone can please help, think of ne other possibilities? hope i dont hafta change the ****n alternator, ****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.