Tuning amp to ported box for best sound.

I will try the recommendations tomorrow. I originally googled what the settings should be and obviously what I researched was wrong. I know prefab are not preferred but until I find a box maker prefab it is.

"ported box cant hit lows", "ported box sounds sh*tty", might need to change back to sealed". Seems like you are going that way. As said before, raise your low pass filter. 30 is completely wrong. Plus that put on by young jeezy doesnt even go that low, you are most likely missing all the high notes with the low pass filter on 30 hz. Fix that up ASAP.
30 hz means anything 30hz and above will be cut off so if you are missing bass notes, thats the main culprit.
Makes sense. I was given the wrong info. I appreciate it. It hits like crazy but some songs I didn't get any bass.

your not hitting lows because your box is prefab, make a custom box 2.5 cubes @ 33hz that sa will sound good.
On the contrary hes not hitting highs. Just read up on what his low pass and subsonic filter settings are. Like 350zspl said. Hes only playing 23 to 29hz. Most people dont even know what proper lows sound like. They assume 40hz is really low

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tbangem

10+ year member
tbangem
Panama CIty, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from