CT Sounds 2200.1 or audiopipe AP3001d?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justinh722
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I currently own an AP 3001d that I'm running on two 12 inch HDC 12's. I have a chance to pick up a CT sounds 2200.1 in new condition, barely used, for only 250. I'm sure I can sell this AP amp for 300 to a buddy. I know CT sounds rate their amps at 12.8 volts, so I know this amp is underrated.

I heard both good and bad things about CT sounds amps. I need to run it at .5 ohm if I go that route. Should I sell the AP and get the 2200.1? Will the 2200.1 handle .5 ohm with box rise on good electrical? There isn't a lot of reviews on these amps. I just feel like the 600 dollar ct sounds amp vs the 350 dollar price tag on the AP is enough incentive to wanna make the switch anyway.

i had the audiopipe apcl 3000.1 on 2 soundqubed hds312s ive never had a issue with that amp im going to buy another audiopipe 3k and im doing 6 soundqubed hds312s tbh it has the power it may not be the best amp but its good for the money... ct amps will blow up i used to own one it didnt blow up but it was no different then i have the audiopipe now tbh the audiopipe to me puts out more power just my opinion look at posts on the forum talking about how good this amp is and what kind of power it puts out at very high rising ohm levels. and yeah 2 friends of mine had the 2200 it blew up on them.

Thanks guys. I think I'll just stick with this audiopipe. I know these are solid amps for the money. I have been running and recommending them for a while now. I just figured the better deal was the one that I could maybe sell for more if I decided to go bigger.

my buddy is running a Ct 2200.1 @ .5 on stock alt and two xs bats. after couple heavy bass songs voltage dips into the 12volt range.

DO NOT mount amp on box, as the board is not screwed down securely. vibrations will kill those bigger ct amps quick!!

Yea I heard that vibration is a major concern for these amps. It would probably be pretty easy to modify the board so It wouldn't move. I think I'll stick with the AP amp though. Not sure why their MSRP is 1,075 on their site. Seems a little ridiculous for that 2200.1. The only reason I considered it was because it's worth more and I'm assuming the quality has to be better than this 350 dollar AP.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.