Trying to get 2 12s under back seat!!!

sthib
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
la
I'm looking for 12s that I can get under the back seat. Will be lifting the seat but just shy of getting the airspace I need. Are there and 12s that call for only 1 cube ported without hurting my output or sound.

Will be around 1200w

Also will be aero ported I know this isn't right section for port question but which way should I port and fire sub.

I am building a box for under seat of 2012 silveraldo crew cab. I lifted seat 2" using square tubing 1/4"thick. I am going sealed with two 12" Fi Q (I think or maybe ssa xcon). I will have close to 1.5 ft^3 per sub (3ft^3 total) after sub displacement. Downfiring. I don't have enough airspace for ported unless using 10". Also mounting depth can be an issue, which I will have just over 7". I have seen downfiring with port to back wall works well, but not sure.

Check back when you get it figured out. I would be interested to see what you do. I plan to do build log when I get further along and get finalized on everything.

Good Luck.

I will sure check back I'm going to be building some test boxes to see exactly what I can get! Maybe do a build log

That's what I really wanted I use to have a lvl 4xl and loved it. But I'm having trouble designing a box with enough air space for the 12s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.