Trying to decide which amp, need help!

Which sub & amp??

• Total voters

Jlandry287
10+ year member

So I posted a while back I was looking for a sub that wouldn't tear my car apart [http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/607320-looking-one-sub-wont-tear-my-car-apart.html]. Well I have decided on which subwoofer I am going to go with (kind of...).

Here are the two subwoofers I'm stuck between:

Both will be in the same box:

Both are rated for around the same power, so I have two amps I am choosing from:

My main this is just getting your opinions on which sub and amp are better. They both seem to have the same Specs, that's why I'm unsure. BTW, I am looking for SQ not so much SPL.

I'm running the 9601 @4 ohm atm and it's a great amp. Barely even gets warm. Gonna be selling it as soon as I get my ba5000. Go with the swr10".

Both of you guys said exactly opposite things... lol
I was just telling you the amp that I've been running and that it's pretty decent, never run the jbl before. As far as the subs, I've had both and I prefer the Alpine.

That JBL amp is pretty cool. It makes the same power at 2 and 4ohm and has cool filters. I would never touch a pioneer product besides 2 of their head units.

As for subs the P3 is the only good sub fosgate makes. The Alpines are ok if they cost $130 or less.

I'm kind of torn. The Alpine subs have a little better specs, and only $20 more. And if i went with the Alpines, I would want to go with the Pioneer amp. If I went with the Alpines and the JBL amp, it would be underpowered. UGH MF I need more people to vote.

I'm kind of torn. The Alpine subs have a little better specs, and only $20 more. And if i went with the Alpines, I would want to go with the Pioneer amp. If I went with the Alpines and the JBL amp, it would be underpowered. UGH MF I need more people to vote.
Are you stuck on these two set ups? Because there's a lot of good out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...