Trusted Brands / Budget Brands (slightly overrated) and Junk Brands List

They made some bulky amps.....but were very expensive. Still see some time to time that people want a mortgage payment for it.
Even used they are crazy money still.

I only met one person who ever had one and that idiot had it hooked up to a pair of original 12W3's... total waste of a SQ amp.

Based on a thread a "Noob" started, I thought I would throw this out there and hopefully compile a list of Trusted Brands / Budget Brands that are decent but may be a bit overrated /Junk Brands. So we don't get any more people asking about how awesome a Boss Riot amp is or if SSL amps will do rated...
This is an AMPLIFIER ONLY LIST:

So let me me start this off:

Trusted

Digital Designs

Sundown

Incriminator Audio

JL Audio

JBL

Rockford Fosgate

Infinity

MTX

Crescendo

Soundigital

Taramps

PRV

Stetsom

Soundqubed

Twisted Sounds

Brutal Sounds

Orion (XTR And HCCA)

NVX

Focal

Hertz

Arc Audio

Ampere Audio

Alphard

DC Audio

Massive Audio

Synergy Audio

Banda

Image Dynamics

Pioneer

Polk

B2

Audison

Zed

Us Acoustics

Mosconi

Mmats

Memphis

Budget

Car Audio Bargain

Rockville

Precision Power

Soundstream

Belva (BB3000dv2 meets Rating on Dynamic, and supposedly bb5000dv2 can meet ratings at 2ohm (no 1 ohm test has been done)

Sound Ordinance

MB Quart

Kenwood (Mini Amps)

American Bass (Non Chinese)

SKAR

Audiopipe

Junk

BOSS

Pyle

Audiobahn

Pyramid

SSL

Dual

Hifonics (They used to be budget+ but they need to get their act together)

Planet Audio

Jensen

Crunch

Autotek

Power Acoustik

Geez there used to be so many more junk brands going to need some help with that list
some of your list is really off...lol you need to know what models is all...

hifonics has its models to be trusted and ones i wouldnt pay a dollar for but they are way more budget than junk...

your mb quartz has its models... too i feel more junk than budget nowadays...

american bass a budget amp...lmfao... they vfl series will he-man pimp slap most on your trusted list... and do it at .5ohms... lol

pioneer on your trusted list ... for what a head unit... lol champion series on pair with SA other than that...

jbl has its series rest is meh at best...

some of these brands your naming all had their time... but your naming brands that have been around for decades... alot are hit or miss... i always check bench tests... you would be better off asking for models that are trusted...

you got infinity on your trusted list but ill run a hifonics BRZ before i run anything infinity..

ive never even heard of twisted or brutal sounds...lol

for the most part thats a decent list... memphis is hit or miss too...

and how did KICKER not make the list my kx2500 did **** near 3k... its all about the model....

hifonics has its models to be trusted and ones i wouldnt pay a dollar for but they are way more budget than junk...

american bass a budget amp...lmfao... they vfl series will he-man pimp slap most on your trusted list...

pioneer on your trusted list ... for what a head unit... lol champion series on pair with SA other than that...

some of these brands your naming all had their time... but your naming brands that have been around for decades... alot are hit or miss... i always check bench tests... you would be better off asking for models that are trusted...

you got infinity on your trusted list but ill run a hifonics BRZ before i run anything infinity..

and how did KICKER not make the list my kx2500 did **** near 3k... its all about the model....
you are slightly behind on the times man. There are not BRZ left unless you buy used, we are talking about CURRENT generations. All hifonics current line nowadays do like 60-70% of rated power on 14.8 volts. imagine if you had a normal 13.8 volt or less. Certified overpriced EXPENSIVE JUNK. They also have a roll off after 30hz as well even without any subsonic filter. Lets just say an audiopoop 1500.1 amp beat out a hifonics brutus 2200.1 EASILY in loudness in a straight up direct swap in a system i did for my buddy.

If you havent heard of twisted or brutal sounds you are way behind lol. the twisted sounds 3.5k scored 4.6k watts on the amp dyno. Better than dc audio 3.5k, crescendo and all the "go to korean board brands"....

Might want to catch up a bit bud, still stuck in 2013-2014 with that knowledge.

Here’s my philosophy.

Budget amps. If you have to spend $500 or more in electrical to get power out of it then it’s not a budget amp.

If you pay $700 total to get close to rated power out of a $200 cheap amp then it’s not a budget amp.

A budget amp is a basic $150 500 watt amp that will do what it says and last forever. 500 is plenty for 99% of people if the install isn’t toss in prefab sub stage

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

And head units. Back in the day if you wanted to prove your baller status you had to have a McIntosh hu.
Pretty decks.

you are slightly behind on the times man. There are not BRZ left unless you buy used, we are talking about CURRENT generations. All hifonics current line nowadays do like 60-70% of rated power on 14.8 volts. imagine if you had a normal 13.8 volt or less. Certified overpriced EXPENSIVE JUNK. They also have a roll off after 30hz as well even without any subsonic filter. Lets just say an audiopoop 1500.1 amp beat out a hifonics brutus 2200.1 EASILY in loudness in a straight up direct swap in a system i did for my buddy.
If you havent heard of twisted or brutal sounds you are way behind lol. the twisted sounds 3.5k scored 4.6k watts on the amp dyno. Better than dc audio 3.5k, crescendo and all the "go to korean board brands"....

Might want to catch up a bit bud, still stuck in 2013-2014 with that knowledge.
yeah i havent done as many budget builds lately after i hit 150s im chasing 160s hard now... yeah ive ran both ap1500 and the brz2100 ... i have to diagree with you... and if your talking current lines only... what the hell that mtx or infinity on the bench i havent seen a good mtx amp since thunder class d with the chrome... but you are righht sir... i know more about the older brands all the way back to the black hifonics colossus, and mostly budget stuff... rebadges etc... havent changed many times since hdc4s ... used to do monthly builds... lol

and if i remember the brz2100 scored similar to the aq2200... i havent talked to t fade in awhile.... and wait a minute AQ/SQ didnt make trusted... wth... ive been running most there equipment in my two daily drivers while doing my build... def. trusted..... i see they went to a two channel line is it not good anymore?

i own 1 aq22000 1 sq 2200 1 aq 90x4 sq 90x4 6 hdc4s 2 hdc3s have been used daily for years... id recommend without a doubt...

american bass a budget amp...lmfao... they vfl series will he-man pimp slap most on your trusted list... and do it at .5ohms... lol

Let's see now... I'll go one by one

American Bass - They were on the trusted list, but as pointed out a majority of their amps are budget outside of VFL, for amps they are Hifonics 5 years ago

Pioneer - They list there amps as CEA Rated and they do as expected on a bench. You get what you pay for..

MB Quart - Straight Budget, I haven't seen anything from them perform as straight junk, but it's maxxsonics so it could change downward on a dime

JBL - Every amp series outperforms its rated. Look at its amp dyno's for the last few years and you will see this. Hell I have a budget GTX500 and I amp dyno'd it at 948W on music and 717W RMS 1%thd, for a 500 watt amp. Infinity is the same

Kicker I must have accidently deleted while editing the list.

Twisted and Brutal Sounds are straight solid, sorry if your behind on times.

Again, every brand on the trusted list I would feel comfortable if a friend bought and asked me if it will perform as expected.

and if i remember the brz2100 scored similar to the aq2200... i havent talked to t fade in awhile.... and wait a minute AQ/SQ didnt make trusted... wth... ive been running most there equipment in my two daily drivers while doing my build... def. trusted..... i see they went to a two channel line is it not good anymore?
i own 1 aq22000 1 sq 2200 1 aq 90x4 sq 90x4 6 hdc4s 2 hdc3s have been used daily for years... id recommend without a doubt...
Soundqubed is on the list, always has been. I agree it's a good brand. Which is why I rocked AQ HDC3's back in 2006..

yeah i havent done as many budget builds lately after i hit 150s im chasing 160s hard now... yeah ive ran both ap1500 and the brz2100 ... i have to diagree with you... and if your talking current lines only... what the hell that mtx or infinity on the bench i havent seen a good mtx amp since thunder class d with the chrome... but you are righht sir... i know more about the older brands all the way back to the black hifonics colossus, and mostly budget stuff... rebadges etc... havent changed many times since hdc4s ... used to do monthly builds... lol
Sorry you don't like Infinity, but they perform at or above rated. MTX Will still do rated... They just aren't a competition brand like years ago.

Here’s my philosophy. Budget amps. If you have to spend $500 or more in electrical to get power out of it then it’s not a budget amp.

If you pay $700 total to get close to rated power out of a $200 cheap amp then it’s not a budget amp.

A budget amp is a basic $150 500 watt amp that will do what it says and last forever. 500 is plenty for 99% of people if the install isn’t toss in prefab sub stage

I can see where your coming from on that, though I think you can probably get up to a 1000W amp on stock electrical (Assuming it's not a tiny Corolla or some other vehicle with a weak charging system).

BRZ amps basically dont exist anymore i'm talking about current lines thats why i said you are outdated lmao. Everything hifonics nowadays is garbage plain and simple. Old school hifoinics might fit in the budget category but definitely nothing 2015+ I'm basically at my end game 6th order walled setup but when a buddy wants a system done and has gear to put in, i'm there to see what every cheap **** is about and see if anything is worth their salt. Every new generation hifonics brutus amp is power acoustik garbage. I'd rather run rockville and audiopoop over any of hifonic's current offering, its THAT bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...