Trunk car ported boxes.

I dont think you can get 8 cubes in your trunk, I could be wrong tho. If it does fit you'll probably wanna do subs/port forward because if you do the normal subs/port back I think your box will be so tight that it will choke off your truck and hinder the sound waves from entering your cabin. Buicks do have large trunks tho so measure. How much power will you be running? It will play a role in the size of yur box.

the formula for aeros is r^2 x pi, so for a 3" aero it would be 1.5^2 x pi~ 7"^2 port area per 3" aero

most on here say 6-10" area per cube, meaning 6-8 for aero's and 8-10" for PVC

Just remember just like slot ports the bigger you go the longer they need to be to be tuned the same. And 2x 3" is not equal to 1x 6" a 6" is roughly = to 4x 3"

I was looking at 2x 4" at the very minimum for 4cubes, with PVC 2x5" would be better but longer

I would be more than willing to seal my trunk off if it meant a substantial gain in deebeez. I'm running 1500 watts to the two type Rs. Idk, I guess I'll just design a box that's liek 5-6ft^3 after port displacement and bracing. Should I use 1" dowel rods to brace?

Oh gosh, I don't know. I really can't justify spending a lot of money on sealing my trunk if it's only like 1 or 2 db. I'm not a competitor, so that ****'s not important to me.
Yeah, I unerstand how you feel. You wont even see that much of a gain more than likely.

I have ports and subs forward in my 96 tbird and it's very loud to me. I used expanding foam, very cheap at home depot etc. just make sure you get everylittle spot and your good. leave approx 12 inches of space from the seat back if the seats goin back in. think of it as a corner load using the seat back. Also when aimed forward in a trunk car and sealed properly you will not get all the rattles and crap like most do when aimed back into the trunk.

If you go the foam route wearing gloves is a must and wear long sleeves.... you do not want any of that goo on your skin. it takes weeks to remove, trust me i learned the hard way. GL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.