trunk and 4 12s not doing it

Participant count
  • Participant list

maniackilla
10+ year member

cout<<"c++";
I've got 4 Concenpt PT 12s wired to a vx2200d (recently stolen) in a ~7.3 cube box. Subs facing up, port towards the back. Since my amp was stolen and the box has had its toll for about a year now, I thought of tuning a little higher in smaller boxes to give me flexibility with trunk space and the ability to take the boxes in/out.

Im using a temporary orion 8002 to test the boxes (little less satisfying than expected) and i don't want to say 4 12s dont impress me, but theres no configuration of 4 12s for my trunk that work well bc of the facing.

I was looking to go with 1 or 2 15s and give the box plenty of space while still having trunk space. Ill have the ability for a better design I think and give plenty for port volume.

I would of course be selling my four 12s, and having to buy a new amp. 4 12s is hard daily maintenence. Ideas?

Car: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

Trunk: 35" wide, 15" tall, 30" deep. The trunk opening will limit either height or depth to a certain extent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.