Tru technology amps enlighten me

aiight..ill say it.. Milbert
Milbert amps were not that great. WAY to much for the unreliable power supplies they had.

Butler is great, Phaze Audio was great too.

I have been VERY happy with my Class D PDX amplifiers and I have ran and owned most all of these high end amplifiers from Tru to Audison, Genesis and Phoenix Gold. As great as they are I get the same SQ out of a small footprint class D and could not be more happy and have the SQ scores to prove it.

I have the new Gen 2 PDX amplifiers and I hear those are much better then the Gen 1's.

I have been VERY happy with my Class D PDX amplifiers and I have ran and owned most all of these high end amplifiers from Tru to Audison, Genesis and Phoenix Gold. As great as they are I get the same SQ out of a small footprint class D and could not be more happy and have the SQ scores to prove it.
I have the new Gen 2 PDX amplifiers and I hear those are much better then the Gen 1's.
Well, that is good to hear because I am torn between going with a JL Audio HD 900/5 because I liked my last one or giving the Alpine PDX-V9 a try. Of course, I am not messing with car audio until it gets cooler outside, so I still have time to choose.

I am currently running 2 100.4's and 1000.1. I will be switching to 1 F4 and 1 V9. The V9 on paper looks pretty good, the F4 that I have now seem to be alot more warm then the original PDX 100.4 and 150.4.

Also they are smaller then the original PDX amplifiers. And the V9 and M6 and M12 have a gain knob port, the M12 and V9 have better subsonic pot vs a switch for 15-30hz something that the Gen 1's should have had.

Now if only the monoblocks and Sub Channel on the V9 could be full range......

As far as what people normally run on forums they are way ahead. Now compare them to others in same range and they are right around midline.
Very good response and I agree.

I have owned a few simply to see what they were all about. I wasn't overly impressed and feel that they have a somewhat unnatural sound to them. It's almost like certain musical characteristics are overly exaggerated as if they are trying to force detail on you.....unnaturally.

If you were going to spend full blown retail, I would say there are a lot better options out there.

Milbert amps were not that great. WAY to much for the unreliable power supplies they had.
Butler is great, Phaze Audio was great too.

I was just giving Milbert the chance to be mentioned amongst some of the other High End amps noted, more of a nod to the faithful followers who swear by them.

Personally, I will stand behind Mr. Zeff and his work.

You have a good question. I have become a Tru Technology expert over the past few months. I recently bought a B4100S with stage 4 upgrade. The owner of Tru Technology personally phoned me a few times while I was amp shopping for three months before buying. I made the most thorough choice having read all the reviews, blogs and forums, and talking to dozens of dealers. I considered Audison and Arc Audio while they are both awesome; the Tru Technology won hands down.

The Tru Technology replaced a Zapco C2K-4.0X, which sounded great, but the amp was mounted where it is displayed, and the Zapco fans made a lot of noise. The look of the Tru Technology is awesome. I have people walking up to the boa frequently and asking me what brand the amp is.

Anyway, if anyone has questions, feel free to ask. I have a library of pictures, links and information regarding Tru Technology...yours for the asking.

Regards,

Greg Holte PhD Mechanical Engineer

"Milbert amps were not that great. WAY to much for the unreliable power supplies they had."

This is news to me. "were" doesn't apply. We've been making essentially the same amp for 26 years, and it's still in production.

...gotta love the anonymous unsupported potshots...

"Milbert amps were not that great. WAY to much for the unreliable power supplies they had."
This is news to me. "were" doesn't apply. We've been making essentially the same amp for 26 years, and it's still in production.

...gotta love the anonymous unsupported potshots...
Prove to me you are an acctual Milbert employee and we can discuss this further in private as I am not here to start a war as I appreciate tube amplifiers more than anyone in this thread but I do have solid supported experence.

And I am hardly anonymous //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How does one "prove" anything on an anonymous forum, where anyone may sign up as anyone and say anything they want?

You're more anonymous than me.

Call me 301-963-9355

or email mike at milbert dot com

or info at milbert dot com

If there's some problem, we want to know about it, directly, immediately, and it will be taken care of. Coming across this kind of stuff on forums is awful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.