Triple Alts on my Subaru

Quad alts boggg down my big v8 motor under full load. Wonder how that little motor will like quad alts.
Just curious, any idea how much HP would a single Singer 320 rob from the motor?? Been saving up for a 320 for my V. its got a 2.4 Vtec rated around 170hp

I'm impressed, where did you learn, and get access to, the equipment needed to make the bracket?
The pictures kinda ****. If you can export the high resolution images and upload to imgur or something it would be much better...

Aren't all these newer subarus running horizontally opposed 4 cylinders? My grandma just got a newer subaru and loves it but I'd hope so for a brand new car LOL
Drill press, angle grinder, steel, and a big pair of balls is all I used. Never done it before, 100% no welds and you can grab and be as violent as you want and it won't move. I did ask what site everyone was using for pictures. Will try and redo them when I get home and upload some more, ugh may as well do a build log.

They either 4 Cylinder or in Legacy and Outback 6 cyclinder which is optional (At least for one more year..........), and yes they are all Boxer engines.
It certainly makes for a different footprint in the engine bay lol I don't think there's any other manufacturer that uses that design anymore but I do see some prototypes of horizontally opposed high compression diesels but that's a little different as there's no ignition necessary. It's more like a diesel with two pistons opposing eachother

Power steer loss is intense, Won't lie, makes your arms look like you beat off all day while swapping hands. But I did a true delete, not just a depower like most guys where you still fight the fluid in the rack.
You have a manual steering rack?

It certainly makes for a different footprint in the engine bay lol I don't think there's any other manufacturer that uses that design anymore but I do see some prototypes of horizontally opposed high compression diesels but that's a little different as there's no ignition necessary. It's more like a diesel with two pistons opposing eachother
Porsche still uses boxer engines....I think.

Drill press, angle grinder, steel, and a big pair of balls is all I used. Never done it before, 100% no welds and you can grab and be as violent as you want and it won't move. I did ask what site everyone was using for pictures. Will try and redo them when I get home and upload some more, ugh may as well do a build log.
use Imgur homey...it's just like PB only easier, no ads, it's free, runs fairly fast...

Porsche still uses boxer engines....I think.
Porche uses them in several models.... most notably the 911. though they rear mount.

Fun fact... Ferrari Testarossa was not power by a V12... Ferrari used a Boxer 12 in that vehicle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Porche uses them in several models.... most notably the 911. though they rear mount.
Fun fact... Ferrari Testarossa was not power by a V12... Ferrari used a Boxer 12 in that vehicle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Just read an article about this after it popped up in my youtube (maybe yours too), not to come off like one of those "actually.." millenials, but apparently it's a 180 degree flat v12 not a boxer

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/heres-why-ferraris-flat-12-isnt-exactly-a-flat-12-at-all/

74ba99e351bfb04b3143cbd25a814236.gif

I wonder this myself
It won’t rob any power without a load on it. If it’s robbing Power then your drawing power, which is a good thing, right? I have two 140 amp alts on a 1 litre engine. It made no difference from stock but when playing full tilt heavy beats can cause the car to slow a bit when it hits. It’s kinda funny.

It'll definitely rob power even unloaded. Inherently alternators produce power when spinning it's just dissipated as heat.

As far as it robbing power, I recall something like 10a per hp? I dunno. 2 large case GM alternators on a v8 5.3 will nearly kill it fully loaded at idle. I have difficultly on cold starts because my cap banks **** the living **** out of my alternators until they're fully powered. Sometimes it's worth it to keep alternators on a switch

It'll definitely rob power even unloaded. Inherently alternators produce power when spinning it's just dissipated as heat.
Yes sir! Thats why i had to bypass Hondas ELD. My battery would get to 12.5V and the alt would stop charging to make a better fuel efficient engine.

As far as it robbing power, I recall something like 10a per hp? I dunno. 2 large case GM alternators on a v8 5.3 will nearly kill it fully loaded at idle. I have difficultly on cold starts because my cap banks **** the living **** out of my alternators until they're fully powered. Sometimes it's worth it to keep alternators on a switch

Thats interesting..Id be looking at a 30hp drop at full load. Lol MPG

Edit: not to confuse with my sig, i have a scv3000d awaiting my third sa12 d4 once i get the alt. obviously it'll be wired to .66.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.