Transmission problems?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TurdFergueson2
5,000+ posts

Team D.O.A.
Chicago
Lately I've noticed that I'm having a hard time putting my car into gear. It just feels funny putting it into reverse and drive. Almost like something is loose. WHen in gear it shifts fine and all of that, but putting it back in park is sometimes a problem. What could be causing this?

sometimes a u joint will tend to have some slack in it, more info on vehicle, miles and any maintenance performed or negelected would help.

99 300M close to 130k. Recently I got the front suspension done as well as struts all around. Last year, front pads and rotors, new alt, and a red top, and had the motor replaced. And I just got it repainted. Lot of that is unrelated to the problem, but just thinking back on what I did, I could have got me a new car. But I can't get rid of the car. It just feels like the shifter is coming undone. I read something about the trans bushings, but would that affect it not going into gear, or not being able to go in park?

Sounds like a transmission problem. Automatic I assume. They are really complicated, I dont know what to say except the obvious. Check the fluid level. I would start looking around for a swap in. Ohh yea, and treat it nice so it lasts longer.

Sounds like a transmission problem. Automatic I assume. They are really complicated, I dont know what to say except the obvious. Check the fluid level. I would start looking around for a swap in. Ohh yea, and treat it nice so it lasts longer.
Oh and I had the fluid flushed and filled with a new screen last december as well.

It shifts fine, it's fast and all of that. The issue is when you put it in reverse, the shifter itself is kinda funky. and When I put it in park when you're looking at the gauge where it tells you what gear you're in, you have to fool with it to put it in park.

If you don't pay attention to it, and just put it in what you think is park, It won't start up. I really think something is loose, but I don't know much about transmissions or what all entails from where I put my car in gear to underneath.

Theres a recall on the shifter linkage. Take your VIN number to the dealer and tell them to run it. Theres a small part that hooks into the linkage that looks like plastic straw with a spring on it. If your car applies to the recall it will be free.

Its a C45 recall

The transaxle floor shifter ignition/park interlock system on about 2,300,000 of the

above vehicles may become inoperative. This may allow the shifter to be moved

out of the “Park” position with the ignition key removed (or in the “Lock”

position). It may also allow the ignition key to be removed when the shifter has

not been placed in the “Park” position. If the shifter is not in the “Park” position,

these conditions could allow the vehicle to roll away and cause a crash without

prior warning.

If you PM me your vin I can check for open recalls

Its western md, kinda, more like north central, rather not say which dealer, not supposed really run vips for people.

Oh **** just looked, you are near all the ***** bars I go to lol

you're a moron //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I was having the same problem with my girlfriend's car. I replaced the MLP sensor, and it hasn't done it since. I only see any information about it concerning Fords though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.