transmission fryed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

corto
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
For about a week now my cars transmission has been acting up.The car would rev really high and i would let off the gas so it could shift. Well yesterday i was driving home and it woudlent catch and just the gas would rev really high and i would not move any where. I then had to call a tow truck. There was a puddle of transmission fluid under my car. I could smell some burning smell when i opend up the hood. Could it not be done or could it be something fixable besides a expensive transmission?

If it's automatic (which it sounds like) it's probaly toast. Sounds like you had a leak (either the seal or the pan). Did you ever check your fluid to see if it was low or burnt before this happened? If you run an automatic while it's low on fluid it's a god chance you'll ruining the internals. You might can have it rebuilt though.

Fluid is either low or burnt. If it is brown and smells nasty, you can try changing the filter and fluid. If the fluid is metallic and brown, you might as well start looking to have it rebuilt or buy a new one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.