TrailBlazer issues, is it the Headunit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

destined2race
10+ year member

Already Being Used....
Ok so i put back in my factory bose headunit and the bose speakers a few weeks back. Everything worked fine, im runnin my sub off a line out converter. Its wired at the front doors, as thats where the only signal thats not getting filtered i believe. Its got the bose woofers in the front doors.

So a few weeks later it started just blasting the sub at low volumes and would cause the interior speakers to sound wierd at times too. So i switched amps, checked wiring at the deck, tried a different line out converter, different rca's, even tried different subs just for shits and grins... still doin it.

Do you think it could be the bose amp in the vehicle or the headunit having some issue?? Everything worked fine before. Also just to note, i did have an issue a few weeks back with my garage door and the integrated door opener in the vehicle. Maybe theres some crappy electrical issue goin on somewhere. That went away and it works fine now. Thx for any ideas/info

It sounds like it's either the head unit or the Bose amp. You probably have heard this before, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to get rid of both the stock head unit and the stock amp.

It sounds like it's either the head unit or the Bose amp. You probably have heard this before, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to get rid of both the stock head unit and the stock amp.
Ya im just gonna put a DD back in... tired of messing with it I shoulda just kept my Eclipse 5v DD

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.