Toyota Tacoma Rebuild (Sundown, Image Dynamics, Knu Konceptz)

First primer coat wet sanded

Picture008.jpg

Second primer coat applied

Picture009.jpg

Well i tried spraying on the first color coat and for some reason on certain spots the paint would not stick to the primer at all it just ran all over the place //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif So now it looks like im gonna be sanding everything back down and rolling on some herculiner bed liner instead the inner baffle where the subs will be mounted looked okay so i think I'm gonna go ahead and finish that part out green to give it a two tone look ive herd good things about the herculiner and have seen pictures of some pretty good results. Wish me luck.

I think i saw your build when i did a search for taco builds lol. Your's the plexi glass window with bed liner and vinyl that looks like white carbon fiber correct? I love that build.
Yup, that was my build. I used Herculiner and 3M DiNoc for the carbon fiber look. Right now that enclosure is sitting in the garage since I like to try different stuff all the time lol

Make sure you stir the **** out of the Herculiner. I used a foam roller for mine instead of the regular cloth type and worked good!

Nice work on the enclosure! Can't wait for the finish

Got it all sanded back down and masked off the areas I didn't want to be coated in Herculiner. I got the first coat of Herculiner applied to the box waiting for it to dry a bit then I'm going to apply a second coat. I have to say that the Herculiner turned out better than i could have imagined. I should have just used this in the first place.

Picture010.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif looks great

Looks good, I've always liked that textured look. Does Herculiner only come in black?
i believe so but if you like the texture could always just take it to a line-x or rhino liner dealer where they can spray it with color.... i believe rhino liner line can actually color match as in matching the exterior color of your car to the texture coating.

Thanks guys glad everyone is enjoying my build so far. I went ahead and added a second coat of herculiner to the box I'm gonna let it dry over night and hopefully have some pics tomorrow before I finish it up with a mirror gloss imperial jade mica on the baffle. The Herculiner turned out to be a great solution since my attempt at painting this enclosure turned out to be total failure. Herculiner FTW!

Pic of the Herculiner second coat applied all dry and ready to go

Picture012.jpg

I also made these tweeter pods out of some 1 1/2 PVC end caps these will be mounted to the a pillars in the truck I painted them with the imperial jade mica that i had left over.

Picture011.jpg

Picture013.jpg

install pics yet?
Sorry no install pics yet things are on hold until Saturday because I had to go back to work this week. But hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have everything wired up. I'll post up install pics as we go along throughout the day on Saturday.

Sorry no install pics yet things are on hold until Saturday because I had to go back to work this week. But hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have everything wired up. I'll post up install pics as we go along throughout the day on Saturday.
work puts everything on hold. i know how you feel. im trying to get my install/box finished but once i get off work i have like 1 hour of daylight and cant get much done. hoping to get my paint ready this weekend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.