Toyota Tacoma Rebuild (Sundown, Image Dynamics, Knu Konceptz)

Sugary Monkey
10+ year member

Decided to rebuild the audio system in my truck my previous build log can be found here. For the new build I've chosen 2 sundown SA8s powered by a sundown SAX-1200D for the sub stage, and a set of Image Dynamics CTX65CS components powered by a sundown SAX-125.2 for the front stage. I'm also planning on getting a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD head unit, and I'm still waiting on my Mean Green high output alternator to come in. I've also got a 0ga dual amp kit, Krystal RCA cables, and some extra power wire for a big 3 upgrade from knu konceptz. Now on to some pics!

SubBox2SA8s075cu32hz.jpg

Box design for the 2 SA8s each chambered tuned to 32Hz

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Sorry for the blurry iPhone pics

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Amp Rack shelf to be mounted under the sub enclosure

Picture005.jpg

Wood filler going on all the edges to smooth everything up. Lots of sanding to be done still. This box will be painted Imperial Jade Mica to match the exterior of the truck.

More to come soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, I love taco build. Taco is hopefully my next rig.

Are these SA-8 or SA-8 "V.2"??.... Version 2's make my pants tight.

EDIT: just seen your avatar //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Looks good, I love taco build. Taco is hopefully my next rig.
Are these SA-8 or SA-8 "V.2"??.... Version 2's make my pants tight.

EDIT: just seen your avatar //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Yea I got the v1s the v.2a are super nice tho

Got my mean green alt in today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif decided to unbox everything and take a picture of all my equipment. Did some more work on the box too still have a lot of filling and sanding to do to get it prepped for paint hopefully ill have it painted up by the end of the week.

IMG_0414.jpg

it's mostly port, hence why it looks so big
Exactly and its dual chambered meaning each sub is separated with its own airspace and port. Its basically 2 boxes in one. The port is really long to get the tuning down to 32hz for some deep low end extension the overall dimensions are 45 1/4 X 14 X 19 with the amp rack shelf and everything it should fit nicely behind the seats in my extended cab taco!

I love Taco Builds..I've got an 02 2.7 ltr with 2 SA-8s myself... Lookin forward to moar pics
I think i saw your build when i did a search for taco builds lol. Your's the plexi glass window with bed liner and vinyl that looks like white carbon fiber correct? I love that build.

1200W @ 1 ohm
i figured it out after i saw picture with all your gear. interested in seeing this build done since i myself am going to be running 8's on 1200w @ 1 ohm as soon as i finish my box lol. the only difference is my 8's are cadence sw2-8s with one of their amps. really want to put more power to them but will see how the 1200w sounds.

nice build so far btw.

First coat of primer is done waiting for it to dry so i can start sanding and then do a second coat of primer followed by more sanding then some color coat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif followed by more and more sanding. I also ordered a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD head unit along with the seperate iPhone cable so i can control my Pandora radio and Netflix apps from the head unit which is a very nice feature.

Picture007.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.