Tornado Fuel Saver

Its been proven that they dont work......I wonder if these people that see "improvements" are just hoping for them, so they think they see them.

Id save the $50.

just get a k&n filter, bigger headers, wider downpipe and exhaust. then have it tuned.
Its an Infinity not a mustang.lawl. Bigger headers generally mean you will use more gas

Its an Infinity not a mustang.lawl. Bigger headers generally mean you will use more gas
Now how the heck are headers gonna affect the fuel consumption of an engine? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

All an engine is, is a glorfied air pump, air goes in and then air goes out. If you want a more efficient engine do all intake, exhaust work on it. Cold air intake, you can either buy one or make one yourself, then do exhaust, you can either do the full deal or just new pipes from the manifolds back.

As was suggested earlier, hop on http://www.automotiveforums.com, its a great place and has tons of infomation.

CAI's IMO are a waste. i say that as the cheapest one for my truck is about 200 bucks and I made one myself for 55 and it works just as good. A CAI does nothing but bring in colder air by taking it from as far away as the engine as possible (usually). For your car unless you can find one for cheap, i'd make one yourself. I opened my flow as much as possible on my truck and went from 12.6ish to almost 17mpg with just city driving. I did gibson headers, custom y-pipe, full 3" down to a flowmaster 40 series with dual 3" turndown tips though. then i did the CAI and ported my TB from about 52mm to almost 65mm, that helped a bit in power and efficiency;).

I just put a K&N filter in my '95 riviera. Slight increase in pickup, but it may just be a mental thing. For better mpg, maintain injectors, tires, or be easy on the accelerating. ($0.02)

The tornado didn't do anything for my accord besides make my throttle response slightly better. But I got rid of it and got an Injen CAI. If I had to do it again, I would just get a cheap ebay CAI for around $30 and just throw on the K&N filter. You are really paying for the name "Injen or AEM" when you shell out $250. Ebay intake will do the same thing as long as you replace the filter with a K&N one. Injen uses a K&N filter btw. The intake really makes your engine scream at higher RPM's. I really didn't notice much for gas mileage though but I did notice a small power increase.

The tornado didn't do anything for my accord besides make my throttle response slightly better. But I got rid of it and got an Injen CAI. If I had to do it again, I would just get a cheap ebay CAI for around $30 and just throw on the K&N filter. You are really paying for the name "Injen or AEM" when you shell out $250. Ebay intake will do the same thing as long as you replace the filter with a K&N one. Injen uses a K&N filter btw. The intake really makes your engine scream at higher RPM's. I really didn't notice much for gas mileage though but I did notice a small power increase.
well put, i spent 48 bucks on my CAI as i did it myself. the filter was 30 bucks the vacuum ducting was 18 as i bought extra just in case.

If this tornado thing worked nearly as well as the maker claims, don't you think that every car would come with one? Think about it, automakers are always looking far a way to reduce fuel consumption for the EPA and if it was just as simple as adding a little set of vanes into the intake, why would the automakers spend millions on efficiency improvements if they could get what they were looking for by adding $.15 of sheet aluminum?

If this tornado thing worked nearly as well as the maker claims, don't you think that every car would come with one? Think about it, automakers are always looking far a way to reduce fuel consumption for the EPA and if it was just as simple as adding a little set of vanes into the intake, why would the automakers spend millions on efficiency improvements if they could get what they were looking for by adding $.15 of sheet aluminum?
exactly my thoughts

The reason the Tornado doesn't work is due to the fact it causes turbulance in your intake, number one enemy for efficent air flow, I agree with the intake system though, and you can build it yourself its not hard, but you want the most direct unrestricted flow to your throttle body for the best performance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

danteBirosel

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
danteBirosel
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date