Too much power?

yea that amp would be plenty big for those subs my friend has the same setup but in a sealed box. the only thing is with that amp and a ported box it might cause some damage that amp doesnt ahve a subsonic filter so you will either need a crossover or somthin else with that ported box. but that amp gives out plenty of power my friend blew one of his subs but i think that there was somthin wrong with it all along we put a different hx2 in after it blew and it hit a hell of a lot harder

Too much? More like not enough lol. those subs would take that power and spit it out they will run all day on that it will sound great but will be no where near blowing them or overpowering them. I found around the perfect wattage until the subs start to be overpowerd are around 1700watts rms each so you will be fine maybe later you can get another 1200.1 and really hit.

my bad saw that power and thought you had the power hx2s. But they will still be great on that amp and wont be overpowered.

Do you think that the jbl will hurt my subs in that ported box because it doesnt have a subsonic filter? The box is tuned to 36 hurtz if that helps.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

it be fine for power, but make sure your gains are at a minimal, as those subs are rated at 500 watt rms each. They can take the extra power, but only if your gains are set lower.

Yeah...should be good...like he said though be careful with the gains

Also wanna make sure you don't beat it too bad below the tuning frequency...

Don't expect those subs to last long in that enclosure. Your going to rip those subs apart. They'll handle the power, but not the box. Make sure you have a good warrenty for those subs. I have had 4 VT boxes and they break normal subs. I suggest upgrading to either to the VT Hammer Pro's, VT RIPS, or a sub that can handle the amount of volume the box has.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.