To Underpower or Overpower?

Originally posted by ws140 Less if you are putting them in a big ported box. More if its gonna go in a same sealed box. Less won't hurt more will.
I concur.

better to have more, just don't turn ere thing on max people usually don't eve get the most out of their amps anyway. A plus i would think RE underates thier subs anyway. Just like JL's 12" w7 say 750 watts, buy most people run the 1000/1 amp to them thats 350 extra watts so i'm sure the extra watts ya got won't hurt.

most speakers and amps are rated in general terms. A JLW0 can take 300 watts but is rated only fo 125. I would definatly get the larger amp sipmly because when you do upgrade, and you will, you will have a cleaner more powerful amp. as for the current speakers just dont push them to overheating by drenching them with Boost and gain. That will destroy you speakers not the power. just setup the amp right. I use a 1200 watt RMS amp on a 1000 watt RMS sub(ALUM12Q). and it sounds perfect, not too much but not weak, again, Speakers are rated on tests and are not going to blow if you give them a little more than they are rated for. just be leiant in you settings. gain matched to your preuots. read your manual for your amp and you sill be fine.http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=33296#

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/images/smilies/tongue.gif

exactly...

you can dial BACK an amp, but trying to get more out of it is just asking for clipped signals and melted voice coils....

plus headroom is ALWAYS nice to have...

Originally posted by Geraldo1432 Get a wild hair and try to blow your subs one day, Itis real fun, wiring scheemes and the such altered and amps run hot as crap. thats FUN, youll do it so do it bigg

no..that would be expensive;)

hey buddy. just go wit the bx1500. we will have the same setup and it'll be fun 2 experince each other in different enclosures. go wit the bx1500 and just have ya gains down. like they say, its good to have the head room. u won't be kickin yaself lata sayin i wish i had more power.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif but just go wit the bx1500, u'll be fine.

any question just hit me up on AIM anytime.

alright nice....after that I'll deffinently go with the 1500. Now I just gotta worry bout my **** truck alternater:D . SBLAZER, You got the same setup huh?? It bump nice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.