to get a stronger battery, 2nd battery or HO Alt?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pono76

so my current system makes my lights dim when its full tilt and when the bass drops, ive heard multiple solutions from BIG 3, 2nd battery to HO Alts... i have dig the big 3 wiring with 0g wires but no fuse as i was told fuses wouldnt help. anyway guys i was just wanting answers or opinions on if i should get a stronger battery or 2nd battery for sub.

gonna list system below.

HU: Pioneer AVHX1800s

front speakers: Pioneer TS-D1730C 60watt rms each

rear speakers: 6 pioneer 6x9s 60 watt rms each

all wired to Precision Power BA1000.4 1000W 4-Channel Black Ice Series Class A/B Car Amplifier

and got a d4 sundown sa-12 on a soundqubed Q1-1200.2

also running a alpine g320 dsp.

i am planning on running a stronger 4ch amp and pro mids and tweeters will this drop my voltage even more if i do?

thanks guys

u have no fuse on power wire under hood? if not add 1.. do big 3 and get agm starting batt 1st.. until then turn gains down just a tad see if that helps..

u have no fuse on power wire under hood? if not add 1.. do big 3 and get agm starting batt 1st.. until then turn gains down just a tad see if that helps..
he said he did the big 3.

OP, where is your gain set at on the amp? What vehicle are we talking about here? What brand of wire did you do the big 3 with? I would def get another battery...and a HO alt if $$ allows.

he said he did the big 3.
OP, where is your gain set at on the amp? What vehicle are we talking about here? What brand of wire did you do the big 3 with? I would def get another battery...and a HO alt if $$ allows.
a slight less or about a half turn, 2014 nissan altima 2.5s i used the XS power big 3 kit but did not come with any fuse/ fuse holders with it idk if i should add one.. and for another battery should i get a new battery for under the hood or for the sub?

a slight less or about a half turn, 2014 nissan altima 2.5s i used the XS power big 3 kit but did not come with any fuse/ fuse holders with it idk if i should add one.. and for another battery should i get a new battery for under the hood or for the sub?
Doesn't hurt to fuse. Some people do, others don't. For the battery, I would use it for the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.