to car audio gods: two amp install

Participant count
  • Participant list

earth_bender

chicago
2 amps rockford prime 250.4 50 amp and cheap pyle 2 channel look like two 20 amp fuses how does one run this application do i get a 100 amp fuse for both it's looking like 90 amps total do i need a 2nd battery for this small install what distribution block do i use and the pyle amp has fuses in their do eevn need and extra fuse

Tons of perfectly capable signal wires available. Just don't get the cheapest pos's you can find. Most anything in the $10-20 for a ~15' 2 ch cable is going to be decent.

Better to stick with the reputable brands.

Stinger, Street Wires, Kicker, Knukonceptz, several others.

There are also 4 ch cables (4 + 2) that might save you a few $ over buying three sets of 2 ch.

thanx! man it worked out with fuse config no smoke, i dont' know what i thinking about with the pyle amp i'm about to upgrade to hifonics what would you go with

zrx 1200.1 mono or 2 channel similar specs

zrx 1200.2 2 channel

2x305 @4

2x600 @ 2 or

mono

1x400 @4

1x600 @2 both 1 ohm @1200 i'm will be running 3 15" @250 rms svc kicker comp both 80 amps with a prime 250.4 50 amp

looking at about 130 amps do i have to upgrade anything big 3 or extra battery, they also have a 4 channel that puts out a lot of watts per channel 4x250 @4 4x500 @ 200 what would be best i know i got three 15" hell i could use three channels what would you do and how would you run this

definitely the mono. At ~1000w your electrical system will benefit from the class D efficiency.

4 ohm subs? So wiring for 1.3 ohms?

The actual current demand of the HF won't be too bad below full volume, and the RF at 4 ohms only being 40x4 won't add a whole lot to that.

Should run fine on an average stock electrical system unless you're the type of person that has to blast it constantly.

thanx! man this is why u seek tha gods. o! yeah so i'm looking @ 150 amps uder the hood and 80 and 50 in fuse holder and another thing the hifonics comes with an 80 fuse in their do you still fuse @ 80 in the d block

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.