To all you RF lovers here's a shocker!!!!

bumpin_blazer
5,000+ posts

Only the Strong Survive
Austin,TX
alright so if anyone used to know my audio setup well you would know i used to run a RF 600.4 to my canton componets. i bridged the amp and sent the comps a 150watts rms a piece if that amp were 600 watts but it was closer to 750 on the birth sheet. anyway it sounded nice and loud but always shut off on me after about 40min of play i got kinda pissed about that. so i had a Blaupunkt 500watt max 2 channel amp sitting in my closet my buddy says let's try that. we hook it up at 4ohm per channel and lemme tell you 1) this Blaupunkt amp doesn't overheat, 2) it sounds cleaner and clearer than my RF, and 3) it is a better amp IMO. now considering this amp i prolly couldn't sell for more than 50bucks versus the RF amp which was sold for like what 500ish i think that's pathetic!!! anyway i would just like to end this with i dont think i will ever own another piece of RF equipment and once i get rid of my 2 full farat caps and wires and fuses i will be gone of that company. i am now part of the non rf fans.

adam

if you bridged the RF, then you would need 2 seperate four ohm loads.. were your components impedience less that that? RF is not stable at 2 ohm in bridge mode

Yay, you've seen the light! That, and bridged increases THD, but it was never that good to begin with :p

RF=Stinky

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

there are a lot componant speakers that I've found that are 3 ohms.........(Boston specifically) Could be, just my 2 cents cause I'm a pretty big Rockford fan.

Originally posted by Slaymon well if the sets were 4 ohms and you bridged them it took it down to 2 ohms.. RF are not 2 ohm stable.
Sounds to me like he's saying that he bridged the amp which is the RF 600.4 which is a 4 channel thus giving him two 4ohm channels by which he ran a componet set on each channel equaling again two 4ohm loads.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

By bridging you also lost your left/right channel seperation, right Adam.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I haven't seen many 4 channel amps that can go 2 Ohms bridged, that's the same as 1 Ohm stereo right? Dunno? I think that RF is a little overpriced anyways, I'd rather have PPI in that price range (which is what I got instead of RF, lol).

yes what wesley and what darkheart said is exactly what i did. i know how to wire a 4 channel amp and i still think that the RF 600.4 is crap now.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.