Tired of the new car sound. Need to upgrade...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Airman21
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited. I plan on adding a small system (I don't want to upgrade the whole electrical). First I need subs and amp. I will probably upgrade components later. I would like to keep the system at 1,000 watts. I would like to have an efficient amp that won't put to much of a strain on the stock electrical. Budget for amp is $300ish. Budget for the subs will be $400ish. I am willing to give up 2 cubes for the box (ported tuned to 32-35ish). I listen to everything but prefer rap when it comes to systems. I don't want a sloppy sub but would like something that hits. So I guess that would be a SQL setup. I think I gave all the info I need.

Here is what I am interested in (if there is a better choice let me know so I can add it to my choices). Advice, comments, and suggestions welcome. I want the best bang for my $. Thanks!

2- 10" Subs

• Sundown SA

• American Bass TNT

• DD 610

• IA Lethal Injection

• Skar Audio VVX

• RE Audio SE-X

• NVX VCW

• DC Audio Lvl 2

• Massive Audio Kilo

Amp Ideas

? I am clueless on what amp to run. Need advice and opinions please.

Thanks in advance!

I am running a DC 1.2K on 2 SA-10's and it's awesome. Not much voltage drop unless I blast it hard for a couple of mins. Big 3 upgrade and a decent battery and you should run without issues.

DC 1.2K gets my vote. Going used off the classifieds here, i'm pretty sure I got it for $250ish.

Really depends on your goals here. I'd go with xfl 10s and a vfl 4480. These amps are very efficient. So you maybe able to get away with a big 3 kit and a agm battery under the good. This would cost about $700 shipped the big 3 $45 but you'll need a box and amp kit as well. So another $200-$250 on those

My goal is to just have a loud, clean, daily driver. I have a 1 hour drive to work so I am driving at least 2 hours a day. Just looked up those subs/amp. Look great but more power than I can run with this crappy electrical. Keep the suggestions coming guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Airman21

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Airman21
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date