Tired of factory HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

UMWDawg92
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Missoula, MT
so my car is a 2003 ford taurus and I have been using the factory HU to run my amps because of the electronic climate control. My factory Cd player is going bad now and is starting to skip bad and add noise to my system, crackles static and such. I'm also tired of not having the tuning options I want. The dashkit adapter is about $230... my question is, is there anyway to add a good aftermarket HU without buying the way overpriced dashkit?

Usually people in your situation end up installing the new CD player somewhere else and run all new wires, but the Taurus has a center console so it's gonna look dumb to have the CD player anywhere else besides where it should go.

I think this is one of those times when shelling out money for the correct kit is the best idea.

yea I'm thinking you're right I was just hoping that there was a good alternative... I guess I'm not that lucky in this case. thanks though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.