Tips for a Robb-Free Installation...

Originally posted by Jasontb2000 If you want a fool proof alarm install let me know. I have had 12 attempts to steal my stuff/ demo truck. but the alarm has not failed yet. Very thought out plan that is fool proof.
jason, could u give me the details on how to get the alarm done in my 91' caprice..... how much will it cost in gettin everything for it???

thanx

mike

i know people who steel systems..

and the worest thing u can do.. is make it harder for them to get the **** outta the car..

most crack heads wanna be in and out..

and they will steal anything too..

anything that they can sell for da greens

I hate to burst your bubble. But there is no such thing as a fool proof security system. If there was you would be a billionaire 10 times over. If someone wants it bad enough they are going to get it. You have just been lucky or there are really stupid thieves around where you live //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yes that's true. But with all the traps I have set in it, it would be faster to load the thing up on a flatbed and hall it off. That was just one feature. All the circuits are custom designed. Took over 1 1/2 years to build

Hey try this for a lil idea custom do all your stuff like the box and all make it so there is alot of trouble getting to your wires, subs, amp...the trouble comes in if you didnt build it you dont know..meaning its easy to you, but not to others??

hahahaha i like my anti theift deterant i have a 3 color car (**** accident) .... yeah it looks ghetto .... yeah i probably wont pick up any chicks with it.... but alas i sit on the inside i car about suspension, sound, and comfort........ my car is very ugly and deters many thieves..

I don't know if you can get it done. I did this myself in my spare time. The brain I used was clifford. As for cost, I really can't remember how much the parts cost me. I guess my college years paid off. (Masters in Electroinc Engineering). The cheaper route would be the Mean ass dogs.

Originally posted by ramos I hate to burst your bubble. But there is no such thing as a fool proof security system. If there was you would be a billionaire 10 times over. If someone wants it bad enough they are going to get it. You have just been lucky or there are really stupid thieves around where you live //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
well....im sorry to burst your bubble ramos...but my way is 99% theft proof....so ha...heh...anyways..hows it going??? havent seen ya around much.....u should get msn or somthing....i could but you all day that way...heh...peace,

Kurup T To give you an example of difficulty check this out. The alarm has it's own Batt. The alarm electrical's system is not ground to the SUV at all. With an extra alt. and batt. the gound location is a peice of 1/2" (6" x 6")metal which is isolated from the chassis by rubber mounts. A 10 ga. wire runs from this point to another peice of metal inside the truck which is also isolated with rubber mounts. All of the extra sensors are gound to this peice of metal, which is ground to the other peice of metal which the extra batt & alt. are grounded to. Door triggers are the same way. The are mounted in different locations isolated from the SUV ground, they have a wire attached that leads back to the peice of metal inside the SUV so when it see's a ground it gets it from the Aux. electricla system. And as for the circuits I built, not very complex, just nerve racking.

I just park my truck by my bed room. That helps a bunch because I hear everything outside, plus I have an Arizona Valley wolf that likes me that sleeps on my window cill.

The only bad thing is he is ****ing crazy and barks at like butter flys and ****.

Originally posted by kmu Hey guys I'm looking for a good Installation where I will give to most trouble to those sh!!/heads that like to steal...

Any tips will be apreciated...
Stealth.

Security screws, torx heads, the like...

Use l-brackets to mount boxes to framework of the vehicle, etc...

And a good alarm system.

Hey jason I had a similar idea like you did, cause were I live, thieves first open your hood, then the alarm sounds for about a second until they cut the battery wires, so theres no power for the alarm system, and no sound, and then they have all the time in the world to steal your system, So I was thinking about using a very small battery isolated from the car´s main electrical system, maybe a motorcycle battery would be greeat cause I only need it if someone wants to steal me. I would also need to find a very good place to install the siren, cause they usually cut the wires from it.

If you can make a diagram of how you did it WE would be very pleased.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.