Tinsel Connection Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ozone Blue
10+ year member

Hey all,

I was wondering if I could get some advice from you guys on a little sub / tinsel problem I'm having. The negative side tinsel on one of my subs has come loose on the connection end (not the cone side) and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with re-attaching them. Some of the posts I read suggested soldering them back on, and I was thinking about maybe re-attaching it to one of the two posts, but I'm worried that there won't be enough slack then. Does anyone know of any ways to lengthen the tinsel at all?

Any other ideas? This is an OLD JBL LC-S1200w, and I really don't have the money to replace it right now... so any way to hook it up back up, no matter how ghetto, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Soldering the connection back on is the best option.

If you do need to lengthen the lead, you can use a short chunk of similar gauge speaker wire and solder the connections on both ends, then cover it with heat-shrink tubing.

Should be good to go then....

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.