timing belt.

Yeah, were in the same spot.
Car has 102k, belt supposed to be replaced at 100k, and no money to do it.

I would do it myself (I've done them on other cars), but its our only car so we cant do without for a day or two.

That parts for our car are like $60 for the water pump, and $115 for the timing belt and the idler/tensioner pulleys.

Do you know anyone who is good with engines?
there is a friend of the family right up the street that works on land/range rovers and those things are constantly ****ing up. ill see what he can do...

i mean , ive done the belt and pump in my blazer before , but that was as simple as it gets. if i **** this up , will hear about it for the rest of my life //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

honestly if you dont know to much about cars you shouldn't do it

find a friend to do it with you. Parts aren't so much, its just the labor.

Craigslist is ok but id watch the guy to make sure he puts everything back

This /thread

i know a little bit. like fuel filters , spark plugs/wires and just did my first set of brakes a month ago. if i could find a GOOD manual and have someone to help me out than i could probably do it , but i would still rather have someone who knows what their doing do it.

rickyune.jpg

he can fix it just dont disrespect his famirry

Ohhh, and woot for my car having a timing chain. Wont ever need replacement. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.