timing belt.

ill look for an e-book or get a manual if anything. while im down in there , i should also do the water pump too , right?>

So does the waterpump need to be changed for sure? That wasn't clearly stated in the OP
its never been done as far as i know. everyone who ive talked about it to , said that while im getting it done , the water pump is right there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

and just to be certain , as long as nothing moved when the belt is off , nothing should **** up right?

i dont want to be the ******* trying to save some money then end up buying a new motor.

its never been done as far as i know. everyone who ive talked about it to , said that while im getting it done , the water pump is right there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Gotcha. Honestly, i'd get someone to do it on the cheap for you. There may also be some local uncertified shops around your area that'll do it for half the cost of a regular shop, while still having a little more peace of mind that a backyard mechanic. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, dont. You can make things worse for yourself if you do screw something up, and it won't be fun (especially if its a zero clearance motor).

and just to be certain , as long as nothing moved when the belt is off , nothing should **** up right?i dont want to be the ******* trying to save some money then end up buying a new motor.
the manual should show you a pic of how the timing is lined up..you will also see the markings on the engine itself and pulleys how to line up..but yes, if you dont move it, it should be ok.

from what ive read , thats what this has. i would really rather do it asap , but we are super tight on money.

Yeah, were in the same spot.

Car has 102k, belt supposed to be replaced at 100k, and no money to do it.

I would do it myself (I've done them on other cars), but its our only car so we cant do without for a day or two.

That parts for our car are like $60 for the water pump, and $115 for the timing belt and the idler/tensioner pulleys.

Do you know anyone who is good with engines?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.