TIME TO START BUILDING!!

metalheadjoe

Unapologetic prick
10+ year member
ND
Holy hell that is quite the ingredient list! What vehicle and what are you aiming for on the meter?

Reactions: Foogun

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Central FL
Looks like a no wall build in a tahoe or suburban.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
USA
I seen you're pretty familiar with the taramps line I mounted those fans in the pict on the bottom of the 15k do you see any problems with doing that?
I seen you're pretty familiar with the taramps line I mounted those fans in the pict on the bottom of the 15k do you see any problems with doing that?
I am pretty sure that that type of FAN needs to be installed vertically to get some fresh air movement /Flow through to get some real CFMs out of those fans. Laying Flat on a flat surface, no air being flowed through the fan and heat will eventually kill the fans out one by one and may not keep up with keeping your amps running cooler. It would be best to cut out the backside of the wood for the fans and or as well as place 4-5 washers to get some room under the fans bolt down/feet to get some Flow and fresh air moving. Or... Trash those and look into some high cfm Scroll fans. I use Stinger 6" and 8" scroll fans. Those mount on a flat surface and would work very well. But as you have those installed. I would recommend taking one fan off and using a hole saw and drill out a min. of a 2-2.50" hole for each fan to get some air flow and fresh air movement and get some heat out of that location a bit better.

• Thanks
Reactions: Foogun

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
USA
I'm going for around 163 it's a Chevy suburban I'm stoked technically it's my first big build
Thats going to bang its azz off!! NICE for sure!!Roof Support Recommended!! 😬 😬 😬 🤓 🤓

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Central FL

I've never used any fans other than the ones that come with Taramps amps and never had a single one temperature protect on me. Even sealed in a trunk in Florida.

KicktheSDbasshead

2 builds 2 feet
San Diego
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am pretty sure that that type of FAN needs to be installed vertically to get some fresh air movement /Flow through to get some real CFMs out of those fans. Laying Flat on a flat surface, no air being flowed through the fan and heat will eventually kill the fans out one by one and may not keep up with keeping your amps running cooler. It would be best to cut out the backside of the wood for the fans and or as well as place 4-5 washers to get some room under the fans bolt down/feet to get some Flow and fresh air moving. Or... Trash those and look into some high cfm Scroll fans. I use Stinger 6" and 8" scroll fans. Those mount on a flat surface and would work very well. But as you have those installed. I would recommend taking one fan off and using a hole saw and drill out a min. of a 2-2.50" hole for each fan to get some air flow and fresh air movement and get some heat out of that location a bit better.
The amps will be raised to get airflow to them also there are holes to push the air Into the amp

Reactions: audiobaun

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.