Time Correction Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
The first thing people will need to know is what head unit do you have, and what speakers you will be using, and where in the doors you'll be mounting them.

That will be a start.

Search time alignment tool in the top right corner of the screen were it says search. I believe a member designed a useful tool where you plugin measurements then the calculator spits out your timing delay for each speaker. That will get you close.

I have an alpine 149bt with time correction built in. I have time correction on 4 speakers already. I understand how to time correct I'm merely asking how to do it with 6 channels. I've searched for weeks now so far you already know a post covering this topic send me a link don't tell me to search. You may as well not reply if that's what your gona tell me.

I have an alpine 149bt with time correction built in. I have time correction on 4 speakers already. I understand how to time correct I'm merely asking how to do it with 6 channels. I've searched for weeks now so far you already know a post covering this topic send me a link don't tell me to search. You may as well not reply if that's what your gona tell me.
Every speaker has to be on its own channel.

Time correction will not raise your sound stage. This head unit doesn't have enough channels to support 6 speaker channels plus your subwoofer. If you want to run more speakers and more amplifier channels you will need a DSP with 8 or more channels. 149BT does not appear to offer the necessary crossovers to run 2-way components active, which would have been my first suggestion. If you do have 2-way components in the front make sure you have your tweeters in positions that tend to raise the stage height above the dash. The sail panels beside the side mirrors is often a good location.

I just purchased a set of infiniti 6500cx speakers and am going to be installing them tonight. I saw a few posts about locations of the tweeter with conflicting information. Some people say put them up high some say put them next to the mid woofer. I'm gona tape them in a few spots and see how it sounds. Having tweeter up high would mess with time correction right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.