Time alignment for the speaker distance to my listening position?

Depends on how your system implements it. I like the automatic job my Pioneer did.

Only tips I can think of are to be sure the mic is decoupled from the vehicle, and you measure it with the car as you would be using it (windows open/closed/etc., you in the driver's seat, passengers, etc.) as reflections/absorption make a big difference.

Last edited:
Hello
My jvc has f, r, l, r including f focus. I chose a Preset one then modified it from there to my liking. My crossovers for cabin speakers are set to the frequency they’re capable of playing. The subs play from 27-80hz. Having the rear seat down and w the right song playing I can honestly feel chest compressions. I have no idea what the 2-12”s in the box happen to be tuned to.

I found that just playing w the alignment gave me sound I feel is an improvement.

Depends on how your system implements it. I like the automatic job my Pioneer did.

Only tips I can think of are to be sure the mic is decoupled from the vehicle, and you measure it with the car as you would be using it (windows open/closed/etc., you in the driver's seat, passengers, etc.) as reflections/absorption make a big difference.
What do you mean decouple the mic? I’m new to this stuff

Hello
My jvc has f, r, l, r including f focus. I chose a Preset one then modified it from there to my liking. My crossovers for cabin speakers are set to the frequency they’re capable of playing. The subs play from 27-80hz. Having the rear seat down and w the right song playing I can honestly feel chest compressions. I have no idea what the 2-12”s in the box happen to be tuned to.

I found that just playing w the alignment gave me sound I feel is an improvement.
I’m pretty sure mine has presets too. I’ll have another look in the morning

What do you mean decouple the mic? I’m new to this stuff
If you’re using an automated setup with a microphone, you want to prevent the mic from being vibrated by anything other than air.

Decouple means to not have it resting directly on the seat or head rest, etc, because they will vibrate sympathetically and then vibrate the mic.
Separate it with a folded up blanket, chunk of memory foam, etc.

Last edited:
Is it worth it
Is it worth it to set this in my head units audio settings?

Is it worth it to set this in my head units audio settings?
Yes it is, it has significant difference.

I replaced my Mercedes head unit with the pioneer dmh-z5350bt, and I noticed that the built-in amp on the headunit has no presence, I am using the stock speakers,

When I just used the preset of time alignment settings ( Front ) , without any measuring it made a huge difference, sound stage and vocals became so natural and detailed

For years I used to add external amp for front and rear speakers before , to match the quality of the built-in amp on Mercedes headunits, but the first time, pioneer HU sounded really superb.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...