Time alignment question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
Truck is a Toyota tundra

I am going to try the factory location for the tweeters
They are in the dash firing up into the windshield

My question is would you measure distance from the speaker grill on the dash?
Or would you measure from the spot on the windshield that the tweeter sound will be coming from

Truck is a Toyota tundra

I am going to try the factory location for the tweeters
They are in the dash firing up into the windshield

My question is would you measure distance from the speaker grill on the dash?
Or would you measure from the spot on the windshield that the tweeter sound will be coming from
Measure the distance from the point on the glass to the ears then add the distance from tweeter to the point on the glass. Then fine tune after that. Measurements in distance are almost always off a little bit

You should measure from the cone to the glass, and add the distance from the glass your nose +4 inches. After that you can add or subtract delay as needed. Reflections make it a little harder to get a stable image, but it's not super critical with tweeters if they are crossed higher up.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...